GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to modernise the car. I've managed to change my sidelights to some 5 point leds which look great. Now I'm planning to do the whole external bulbs and later on the inside.

Anyway I was hoping someone could help me by making sure I buy the correct parts.

First up led flasher:
Fix Flash Rate Turn Signal Flasher Relay LED indicator bulbs 3 PIN CF14 JL-02 | eBay

This should be good enough? Compatible with the car and a straight swap over?

Indicators:
501/194/T10 Anti Bulb Warning Xenon White Wide Angle 30 Leds x2

and

BA9 1W Wide Angled High Power Led Bulb x2

Rear Indicators:

Tailights:
BA9 1W Wide Angled High Power Led Bulb Bright Red x4

Rear Numberplate:
The Ultimate II 501/T10/194 1 x 1 Watt Ultra Xenon White x2

Reverse Lights:

Have I missed anything? Looking to order these soon so any suggestions welcome.

:thumbsup:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
I did mine a while back. Details are in my thread in the Pictures section.

I have a feelng that some of the rear bulbs are BA9S (staggered pins). I should have pctures in my thread of all the bulbs so hopefully that'll give you something to work with.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did mine a while back. Details are in my thread in the Pictures section.

I have a feelng that some of the rear bulbs are BA9S (staggered pins). I should have pctures in my thread of all the bulbs so hopefully that'll give you something to work with.
Yeah you're right, the rear tailights and indicators are BA9S. Dammit that website doesn't list staggered.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update...

So I've finally managed to get all this done. Not to mention the 'R32 gtr bulb guide' thread had listed wrong ones and I wasted money following that thread :rolleyes:

All in all, I've spent around £150 on bulbs just doing this and hopefully I won't ever have to change a bulb again. Tailights were replaced with cree led and so where the indicators front and rear. Reverse, sidelight, reg, and small t10 in indicator all replaced to led. In corresponding colours as well.

Left side normal filament, right cree red led, sidelight:

Brakes on:

Reverse led:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I've done this on my r33 but I have real led tail lights and skipped the indicators. Makes a huge difference.
Also done the interior and clusters. Looks a lot more modern!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've done this on my r33 but I have real led tail lights and skipped the indicators. Makes a huge difference.
Also done the interior and clusters. Looks a lot more modern!
Yep I agree, I think it should be mandatory to bring the old skylines up to date by upgrading to led interior and exterior.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Do you mind if i would copy you on this? Have been searching for a while for better light options because the light quality isn't good anymore after all these years

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I don't think he'll mind at all. It's one of the reasons why he posted the thread to allow others to use the information and upgrade their own lights

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you mind if i would copy you on this? Have been searching for a while for better light options because the light quality isn't good anymore after all these years
Yep, as Jags said, if it were up to me I'd make you all spend £150 on led bulbs LOL :bawling:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
So I've finally managed to get all this done. Not to mention the 'R32 gtr bulb guide' thread had listed wrong ones and I wasted money following that thread :rolleyes:

All in all, I've spent around £150 on bulbs just doing this and hopefully I won't ever have to change a bulb again. Tailights were replaced with cree led and so where the indicators front and rear. Reverse, sidelight, reg, and small t10 in indicator all replaced to led. In corresponding colours as well.

Left side normal filament, right cree red led, sidelight:

Brakes on:

Reverse led:
Looks much better. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep. Was definitely bay15d for me. I ordered the ba9s (as per the other thread) and it was the wrong size, the bulb was too small to fit in the holder.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts