GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if there is a shorter final drive avaliable for the R32 in order to shorten the gear?

The standard is 4.111 if I am correct? Is there anything around the 4.6 maybe to drop the topspeed down to around 170ish and make all the gear much closer?

If not, what is the shortest avaliable? 4.4?

Also, who makes it, and how much does it involve to change it (Parts and Labor)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
the R32 GTS4 has the 4.37 final drive ratio im considering doing it to my 32 GTR when i upgrade the rear LSD it would make it very responsive

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it just the rear or both the rear and the front?

I thought both front and rear diff has to be changed on the GTR in order for it to work properly. Is it the same as GTS-4?

·
Registered
3 Posts
ofcourse you need to do front and rear, its just a good time since the rear diff is already out of the car for replacement of the lsd.

·
Registered
26 Posts
you need to buy genuine nissan 4.37 ratio crownwheel and pinion and put it on the aftermarket LSD centre (cusco or kaaz)

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
yes it does fit in the front housing, i know a guy who has done the diff ratio change and its the same physical size but with a different number of teeth.

·
Registered
172 Posts
changing final drive ratio only does speed/rpm ratio. wont make gears closer..

·
Registered
26 Posts
changing the final drive ratio will change the speed atained in each gear so it will change the response and pickup, why does the mines R34 GTR use a standard 6 speed with altered diff ratio?? if its done in the mines car it must be good it is the ultimate streetable GTR (in my mind)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts