GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, as i'm new to this forum i thoughd this would be the best place to make my self known.

I'm a dutch 19year old guy who works his ass of and goes to school. I'm studying for diagnostic technichian for cars. going to last year in september. Excuse my bad englisch.... I life in a little town work for 3 bosses day and night to mainly finance this project... And even got a girlfriend. I landed on this forum because i was looking for upgrade goodies at the partssection.

Well first off all, its not a gtr but a gtst! Hope you don't mind as it will at last look like a gtr in a few months.

I bought it verry cheap with the overall car in ok condition. But it turned out the car had a lot of rust(i onlye knew the rear arches were gone) But lucky the engine was in good shape...

I'm not much of a speaker more of a photo poster so that will come next but maybe its smart to tell my plans:

September it wil go to body shop for gtr rear fenders welded in, Poly front fenders, OEM gtr front with n1vents.
In the mean while i will unrust the bottom and underseal it.
Every bit of the handling will be refurbisched or replaced.
Engine will be torn apart and will be freshend up.
Custom interior parts?

That is mainly the plans. But you will see updates every now and then. The project is running for a half year nog so a lot is already done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello guys.

Just a little update today.
Got started on taking the engine out so got rid of the nonfunctional aircon. Removed the radiatior and spend a few our's on undersealing the rear section of the car.

Only got time to take 1 picture, but im single now so i got more time in the evenings and i will give you more pics next week!

·
Administrator
31,823 Posts
12th May - got girlfriend

4 days of Skyline modification later - Single

You sire, are a ****ing legend!

;)

mook

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whahaha love that comment.

But i owned the girl for almost a year. But guess it is the past now.
owned the car since december, but i think i will keep the car longer LOL

·
Registered
478 Posts
Look’s like your doing a proper job mate.:thumbsup:
First thing you need to do is get a GTR bonnet! That’s the only thing I don’t like about the GTST.
Keep up the good work

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
already got gtr front bumper. Gtr rear quarters and frp front wings. The bonnet will be a nismo look carbon fibre. But in the mean while i'll modifi this gtst bonnet (remove te long lip) because i could chose: bonnet spray or eninge bay sprayed for the same price....

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
19 years old and stripping a car! Your not a pikey are you? Lol

Great work. I wish I had the skill or time to learn your skill and at such a young age as well.
How was the car running?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
19 years old and stripping a car! Your not a pikey are you? Lol

Great work. I wish I had the skill or time to learn your skill and at such a young age as well.
How was the car running?
Let's just say a work about 70+ hours a week :=)

I can't wait till the engine comes out en the body goes to body shop for several months:=)

Car was running verry good no problems at all! just the rust...
But better safe then sorry i want to replace some eninge parts before turning up the boost and get some serious upgrades like a link ecu. front facing intake etc...

ps.

yeahyeah i know im not the best welder but the main part is the bodem of the car is rust free and if treathed well(no rain snow or salty roads) it will hold for ages. The car will only be used for weekend nice weather use, some drift and track use. and the rest it will spend life in my garage poliching it every week when the car is back on the road :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts