GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
About time,

I know we have link with the projects, but mate, yours is way better than mine, your actually finishing things, this is seriously good stuff, keep it coming, wanted to say so much more but you've already made me half an hour late,

Massive respect,

Kev.

·
Registered
591 Posts
This is the sort of build I like to think I'd go for if I won the lottery and became single all in one go. Keep it up and this will be better than it was when Nissan originally built it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Inspiring stuff. Always great to see work like this documented, thanks for sharing. It's projects like this (and Kev's) that have allowed me to improve my own work no end. :bowdown1:

I have a question about your treatment of the cast ally components, as in this image:

Have they simply been vapour blasted and left as-is, or has some other process been used either before or after?

Regards,
Tom

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Inspiring stuff. Always great to see work like this documented, thanks for sharing. It's projects like this (and Kev's) that have allowed me to improve my own work no end. :bowdown1:

I have a question about your treatment of the cast ally components, as in this image:

Have they simply been vapour blasted and left as-is, or has some other process been used either before or after?

Regards,

Tom

Some items have been chemically treated, like the hubs and alternator covers. This does dull them down a touch, but easy clean and no corrosion is what I'm after..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Just wait until you drive it with all those new bushes, etc! I had mine done late last year at JDR, feels like a new car! No rattles, squeaks, it is just absolutely solid. I've also got the front and rear Nismo arms fitted, need a couple more of those I didn't buy (rear uppers, etc) I'd love to be able to do all this myself, but lack of a garage and a bigger lack of confidence in pulling my own car apart (I fix trains, ffs!) means I'm happier doing bits at a time with my local garage who look after some seriously nice, and historic cars.

I really must update my own build thread... Keep up the all inspiring pictures coming! Between you and Kev's build threads, the PC I'm meant to be building my parents is slipping further down my list of priorities, haha. :chuckle:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Builds like this are the best! 100% Resto, with upgrades and mods to every part that needs it.

To date, I've only achieved anything like this with race cars and minis, one day I look to achieve this.

Good work!

Ryan

Funk Motorsport

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
When your front discs arrive, and your just waiting on your rears. Had MTEC replicate discs to suit my bells front and rear, very good quality billet and great to deal with.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
It clearly says fragile, I'm thinking rear quarter glass, they need to come wrapped like that these days, what with the prices they are charging.

This wouldn't be anything to do with the little hiccup you were talking about would it.

It's a new quarter Kev, ended up cutting my old one out, needed to much filler and work. Wasted vital time, but hey, I'll get there.

21 - 40 of 133 Posts