GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Those OZ wheels look really good on it, were they actually 3 piece wheels?

Do you still have the M's are filter pods and more importantly did they have the support bracket that attaches them to the body. If you still have it could you post a pic or pm/email it to me.

The wheels are OZ Pegasus, yeah they are a 3piece wheel. Pretty rare in R32gtr fitment. the filters and elbows were blitz, and I don't think they had a mounting bracket. I changed the turbos and intakes a while after that picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Once stickered up, and tucked behind the xd9's, I'm hoping this colour "works"

·
Registered
884 Posts
Nice combo, I'm not asking for any figures, just wondering if your keeping a tally on what this is costing, or just putting it down to a labour of love, it's going to be a work of art when it's done, would be interested in seeing more on the body work if that's possible, but I get your a busy man, so understand if not, keep the pics coming.

Are you going to TOTB again this year?

Kev.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Nice combo, I'm not asking for any figures, just wondering if your keeping a tally on what this is costing, or just putting it down to a labour of love, it's going to be a work of art when it's done, would be interested in seeing more on the body work if that's possible, but I get your a busy man, so understand if not, keep the pics coming.

Are you going to TOTB again this year?

Kev.

It got to a stage Kev when I didn't bother anymore, if I wanted I bought. Seems to still be the case. I just have a vision in my head, until it's complete, whatever it takes..lol. The body pics will come, just annoyed I've wasted so much time with it buddy, could have been much further on. I will be at TOTB this year, I might bring the RS6 over for a spin.. def hook up this time.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Got me some bells machined up, just waiting on returning from anodisers tomorrow, should be another box ticked.

Also got a big order through from kudos in OZ, once again great fast service and prices, and nothing they can't source.

Also got my carbon front and rear door cards, before lacquer, but certainly looking good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very committed work! I've never seen custom made brake discs before. I'm curious, could you not find the right size you wanted from all the major manufacturers? And did you have the custom rotors balanced? If not, they might cause vibration issues...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Very committed work! I've never seen custom made brake discs before. I'm curious, could you not find the right size you wanted from all the major manufacturers? And did you have the custom rotors balanced? If not, they might cause vibration issues...

I could not find a decent set of rear discs to suit the 34gtr callipers, other than DBA or project mu. I didn't really want to get into £1200 for discs front and rear. I have had the discs made by a local brake manufacturer, everything has been balanced properly. I got the bells to suit offset and the discs and Saved myself a few hundred along the way. A challenge I was interested in taking on.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Bells returned from anodisers, lovely clean finish in satin silver.had a quick mock up with half a calliper.

Also decide to dye my carpet to match the new interior colours, also wasn't to fussed on the grey shag pile.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Really liking the look of those, but being more of a body work guy I have to ask, is that the new rear quarter, or was the new one for the other side, only asking because I just noticed there are no holes for the spats in that one, I know you only got back into it Monday, but do you have a target for paint or just letting it take it's course.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts