GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Really liking the look of those, but being more of a body work guy I have to ask, is that the new rear quarter, or was the new one for the other side, only asking because I just noticed there are no holes for the spats in that one, I know you only got back into it Monday, but do you have a target for paint or just letting it take it's course.

This is the original side Kev, but if you look closely you can see the holes for the skirts/spats. I'm not sure if a non N1 had holes where your thinking, as it didn't come with those rear spats..?? I will be running after market items, as I am not paying £1000 for a ****ed set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
992 Posts
This is nothing short of awesome!!!

Quick question, did you refurb the front and rear shafts yourself?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
This is nothing short of awesome!!!

Quick question, did you refurb the front and rear shafts yourself?

Yeah I did. Stripped completely, media blasted and powdered. New cv kits with boots all round. If you have a look at Kev's 32 project he has done a much more detailed run through, that's if his pictures are still available.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yeah I did. Stripped completely, media blasted and powdered. New cv kits with boots all round. If you have a look at Kev's 32 project he has done a much more detailed run through, that's if his pictures are still available.

Thanks mate, seriously yours and Kev's builds are seriously inspiring. It's no excuse for any of us not to roll up our sleeves and do things ourselves how and where we can.

Cant wait to see more and the final finished product.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
So it has been a tough few weeks for the 32, but finally all closed up and swiftly on the road to paint prep. New inner and outer 1/4 plus new sill all in place for good. Gaps are perfect around boot lid, drivers door and front wing. So happy with the outcome. It's now back on the spit for the last time to get some welds without burning some skin. Also got my endless 6pots back from recon and ready to reassemble.

·
Registered
202 Posts
A lot of work but it's great you can still buy the panels from Nissan even if the price is hard to swallow. Keep up the good work.

The rear discs look heavy did you weigh them? I'm also amazed their was no other solution. What about 370rear discs and brembos? Al hat versions are available for those.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Do you mind me asking where you got these two carbon parts:

I've seen the Carbon intercooler surround before, but not the Dash panel trim.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Wow it looks really good.:smokin:

Did you do it?

I've been toying with trying covering trim items with Carbon myself.
Maybe I'll get some old trim from the breakers to practice on before I start tearing into valuable GT-R trim.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Big update, I have decided not to finish the project and sell up, lack of funds has forced this issue unfortunately and time has come to grow up..... bullshitttttttttt lol banging on with the body, nearly ready for paint KEV... yuss.
4f1d0d0e-24f8-4033-9fe2-b11a1523d71d.jpg
ffd2c004-b13d-4019-8bdf-dd820a34ae22.jpg
IMG_1479.JPG
IMG_1480.JPG
IMG_1481.JPG

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looking good so far, what did you use on the underside of it? I'm at that stage with mine and it's bit of a minefield picking what brand of stuff to go with lol!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Looking good so far, what did you use on the underside of it? I'm at that stage with mine and it's bit of a minefield picking what brand of stuff to go with lol!!

So I started with two coats of epoxy, seam sealer, 3M sprayable sealer and then finished with dinitrol finish coat. What you see is basically the epoxy. Being seam sealed this week.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts