GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got an original (Bolt on not GRp Shitty Copy!!) Nismo Bonnet Lip forthe R32 GT-R For sale??? Colour not important but MUST be in A1 Condition??

Get in touch guys?

cheers

Andy:wavey:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think RHD japan has this... Not from nismo (coz they're not making it anymore) but from premier Japanese aero kit maker east bear.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need a second hand original one with mounting studs....my experiance of replica aero parts is that genrally as a rule they are of a crap quality and NEVER fit first time without modyfying them.....................

Anyone got one lurking at the back of their workshops they will sell me????

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
There's been a few new old stock Nismo originals on YAJ but they sell for around £2-300.

There are some good copies about. Mainly the ones that wrap under the front of the bonnet with a flat panel that surrounds the bonnet latch.

On my first R32 the original Nismo one departed at speed as the alloy fasteners had corroded and seperated from the PU. Whipped off over the windscreen and was never seen again! Left a row of ally bolts in the bonnet and a bunch of old sticky tape gunge.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who makes these good copies? Any Idea where I can pick one of the ones that wraps under the bonnet lip up from???

·
Registered
26,911 Posts
we do very good nismo copies of these in FRP or carbon

problem with the original ones is that they trap water and deform etc over time.

so they never look right (esp if on the car for 15 years lol)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I need a second hand original one with mounting studs....my experiance of replica aero parts is that genrally as a rule they are of a crap quality and NEVER fit first time without modyfying them.....................

Anyone got one lurking at the back of their workshops they will sell me????
As I told East bear japan does it very well... they have nismo side step and boot lip spoiler. This company is a Japanese co. they make those out of production kits from popular jdm performance cars. RHD japan sells them.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
On my first R32 the original Nismo one departed at speed as the alloy fasteners had corroded and seperated from the PU. Whipped off over the windscreen and was never seen again! Left a row of ally bolts in the bonnet and a bunch of old sticky tape gunge.
LOL! That must have been full on! Mayby your car lives up to your forum name!

I still have an original front and rear one, However my rear one is starting to look a little lumpy.

My front one is just stuck on with 3m tape....done properly you don't need the bolts.

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Mayby your car lives up to your forum name!
It doesn't at the minute - it's just a bunch of very nice parts being slowly assembled into a very clean shell. It will be a lot lot quicker than my first one though.

Proper 3M VHB tape is amazing. The only time it really struggles is in extreme cold. Refitted all the Nismo side skirts with new clips and VHB earlier this year. Brilliant stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts