GTR Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
original looks like this:

I found new lambdas but they are different type of connector, Some people says that you cannot shorten those lambda wires, they wont work right... ???

That would be wideband type, but i dont know how it is on those titania type ones ?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
you dont have to shorten them you just cut the plug off the old one and fit it to the new one making sure they are the same length

the 33 and 32 uses the same ECU but different loom, you can use either sensor, you just have to change a couple of wires round when you swop the plugs

either sensor throws out the same voltage for a given fuel ratio 33/32 given the correct wires

·
Registered
390 Posts
you dont have to shorten them you just cut the plug off the old one and fit it to the new one making sure they are the same length

the 33 and 32 uses the same ECU but different loom, you can use either sensor, you just have to change a couple of wires round when you swop the plugs

either sensor throws out the same voltage for a given fuel ratio 33/32 given the correct wires
Im not talking about 33 sensor, my new ones are some other car, i dont know what. But same idea anyway. Thanks T.F.S :wavey:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Are you sure that you can use either type of sensor?

Its just that I have an R33 ECU which did not work with my R32 titania sensors, the pinouts on each ECU are the same but the internals are different.

I had heard about swapping wires so I did a bit of research, if you follow the circuit diagrams for the R32/33 you will see that the pins on the ECU are identical, but the plugs on each sensor are wired differently for either loom.

I came to the conclusion that the ECU was wired correctly i.e. pins for lambda are identical on each ECU, but that the titania sensor did not like the 33 ECU for whatever reason.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Are you sure that you can use either type of sensor?

Its just that I have an R33 ECU which did not work with my R32 titania sensors, the pinouts on each ECU are the same but the internals are different.

I had heard about swapping wires so I did a bit of research, if you follow the circuit diagrams for the R32/33 you will see that the pins on the ECU are identical, but the plugs on each sensor are wired differently for either loom.

I came to the conclusion that the ECU was wired correctly i.e. pins for lambda are identical on each ECU, but that the titania sensor did not like the 33 ECU for whatever reason.
nope, i have 33 sensors on a 32 ecu

checked with wideband for the last year....working perfect!

as for sensors for other cars....i dont know about that, i wouldnt bother even trying

·
Registered
390 Posts
Fo **** sake...

New lambdas in, R-vit says that that when driving one of lambdas dies, meaning volts are 0.01 or something 0.00, and it varies between lambda 1 and lambda 2. Never both at same time.... any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Fo **** sake...

New lambdas in, R-vit says that that when driving one of lambdas dies, meaning volts are 0.01 or something 0.00, and it varies between lambda 1 and lambda 2. Never both at same time.... any ideas ?
just go back to your original sensors and use adaptors to install them in the new elbows.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
i fitted new sensors to mine yesterday too and a new wideband unit

you must make sure that the black wire from the sensors goes to the clear wire on the loom

you must also be sure that the sensors are getting a live and a ground when ignition switched on via the white wires on the sensor, black/brown on the loom

get those two things done and you should have voltage at the ECU on the sensor wires and it should start fuelling better

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm thinking of running R34 sensors in my R32. So basically the Zircona in place of the Titania. As soon as I get around to changing the elbows.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts