GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am looking to uprate my Cars Fuel system to support circa 800BHP. I know roughly what I need but dont fancy yht idea of a swirl tank and pump mounted in my boot all messy....has anyone got pics they can post up of a really neat uprated pump/swirlpot install in their 32....or 33 for that matter? Please post up pics and info so I can get some ideas together????

Cheers

Andy:clap:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.....come on guys......suerlysomeone can post me some piccies up so i can get some good ideas as to how to lay my fuel system out in my R32 GTR????

·
Registered
436 Posts
At least you have a boot to hide it all in, its taken me months to hide a alloy fuel tank surge tank and 4 fuel pumps under the tailgate area of the 240z.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Fellas........

Does anyone reccomend the use of 2 uprated in-tank pumps with no swirl pot??? Im keen to not use up any boost space but at the same time want to be able to support say 800BHP????

·
Registered
907 Posts
800, you will need 2 pumps or the tipical monster pump :p

i went for swirl pot , as a do a few track days , and at 1/3 of tank i could not corner with alot of g force as it would not pick up fuel. just depends on what use your going to give to your car.

simon

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am thinking the Aeromotive A1000 mounted in the tank with a single -10AN feed to the pressure regulator and then 2 -8AN lines, one to each end of the uprated fuel rail I need. I am also thinking about replacing the weedy factory return line with -10AN too..............but I do fancy doing a few track days so I am now confused..........has anyone got a non smelly, compact boot mounted swirl/surge tank they can post up pics of??? I dont want a load of noise and smells in the car as I have to put my kids in it sometimes and I dont want them smiling like a bunchof crack heads, high on 99 Ron fuel fumes every time they go to the shops in it!!!

Come on guys.................someone MUST have a small swirl pot to reduce the G-Force created fuel starvation issue.........but that doesnt take up all of the boot????

If not Ill design one................The Spare Wheel well could be used to hide a space saver sized swirl pot??????? ummmmmmmm......................

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW...Cool setup....Im presuming that is your swirl pot at the rear of the car?? What size is it and where did you buy it from?? Gotta get me that setup.....brill!!!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Yes thats the swirl pot,cant tell you make of it i think it might be custom,

Cant take any credit for it though,came like it from Japan, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Not in boot,mounted underneath twin 044 bosch works great no fuel smell

Shot with u20D,S400D,u400D at 2009-06-20
This is a very similar set up as mine, came from Japan like it so know nothing about who makes the swirl pot etc, mine runs 3xpumps in tank that feeds the swirl pot which is hidden a bit higher up behind/side of the fuel tank which then feeds a MAHOOOOSIVE earls fuel line to the fuel rail.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Felixy, Im guessing your surge tank has the pump built into it? What pump have you got in there? Also, what make is your fuel rail and what size -AN feed hoses does your system use from the tank to the engine and fuel rail??? Very neat mate...I like!!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
so single aeromotive a1000 intank can support 800+hp? seems best idea to me...multi-pumps and swirlpot seems quite a bit o work

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't know why anyone would pourposly want to drive around a fire trap.....?

Obviously we can't sump the OEM tank, but there are alternatives for 800HP.

It's been proven that a single in-tank Bosch pump can support 600WHP in some GTR/RB applications, so why not start with that ? .....and 'build' on it.

Here, some 'lite' reading for those who want some....
Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump

Unfortunately I can not offer any pics of my 'upgraded' fuel system that would excite anyone, as it's pretty basic.... for the most part.

What am I installing ?
- Sard 280 LPH In-Tank Pump (Denso based, LOVES Voltage)
- Brand 'X' Billet Fuel Rail.
- 800cc Sard Injectors.
- Tomei Type-L FPR.
- Braided Fuel line replacement, where/when ever possible.
- Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump. 40A/17.5V
......that's it.

If the Kenne Bell BAP (@ $250 USD) is good enough for an 1100HP Twin Turbo Corvette, running in-tank pump setup - then it's good enough for my little Skyline.....

1 - 20 of 88 Posts