Which is best/which do you prefer?

17"

or

18"

Vin

·
Registered
893 Posts
17" :thumbsup: Although this depends on your brake setup, you may need to have 18" wheels for sufficient clearance.

The picture below is with 17" wheels courtesy of ANDY H, I think its the perfect size for the BNR32:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have been thinking long and hard on what suits them best.

Overall i came to the conclusion that its 17's 9.5" wide, 18's make them look a bit to high even when slammed.

Its just the offset thats the problem. I think im going to go for 20 offset as im pretty sure you dont need any arch work then.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tidy car matey

I have 17s on at the mo but I want new wheels. If I get the same size I can re-use my tires (cheapskate hahaha).

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
17" :thumbsup: Although this depends on your brake setup, you may need to have 18" wheels for sufficient clearance.

The picture below is with 17" wheels courtesy of ANDY H, I think its the perfect size for the BNR32:

cosmetically, yes
on track, or completely smooth roads, yes
in the uk, no, no no, no bigger than 17" or you will lose performance

re brake clearance, you can get 356mm discs beneath 17" te37's
generally 343mm is as high as you can go beneath 17's

when i see 18's (or worse, 19's) on a uk road car, i know that car isn't driven hard, but is for posing.
or a mistake has been made...

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
18's all the way as long as you get the right tyre size so the rolling radius stays the same.

Also if you are running stretched tyres be wary that you will chip and kerb them a lot easier (as i just found out). Will upload pics of mine tonight on this thread.

·
Registered
904 Posts
r32 with 17" on pics look nice, but then one you have car close, unless its not slammed they dont look that nice, i went for 18´s , fills the arches way better IMO.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree with HPT_Simon, i've ran both 17s and 18s on my R32, and i'd personally say:

17s for standard bodywork, 18s if you've skirts/spats/bumper or additional splitter (i.e. ab flug)

Saurus R32 is perfect IMO, although could even be 19in LMs?! anyone know?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree with HPT_Simon, i've ran both 17s and 18s on my R32, and i'd personally say:

17s for standard bodywork, 18s if you've skirts/spats/bumper or additional splitter (i.e. ab flug)

Saurus R32 is perfect IMO, although could even be 19in LMs?! anyone know?

It's 19"! Looking awesome!

Next week i'm going to fit my 19X10" linea corse L22 on my r32 gt-r :cool:
Inspired by the garage saurus carbon gtr :)

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
do you have good roads in sweden?
(by that i mean smooth and well surfaced?)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,189 Posts
in the uk, no, no no, no bigger than 17" or you will lose performance

when i see 18's (or worse, 19's) on a uk road car, i know that car isn't driven hard, but is for posing.
or a mistake has been made...
With respect the above depends on the the wheels and tyres in question. Assuming tyre width is the same then drag will be the same that just leaves sidewall deformation and weight. My 18s were much lighter than the 17s and rides much better.

I fully except that like for like the 17s would be lighter etc but a better set of wheels makes more of a difference than 1" of diameter.

I certainly didn't buy mine for the look and I would challenge anyone who paid a similar or lessor amount to me to have lighter wheels (for the sake of fairness 17" diameter and 9" width as per my original parameters).

·
Registered
794 Posts

For PERFORMANCE, can anyone think of any wheels that can beat these 17x9.5 CE28s?

What about 17x9 ET28 Buddy Club P1 QFs?

1 - 20 of 177 Posts