1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new R32 GTR has 19" alloys fitted:
Rears tyres are 235/35/ ZR19 - (19X9.5)
Fronts are 285/35/ZR19 - (19X8.5)

The car is new to me but will this tyre/wheel size cause any problems?
Its a tyre diameter difference of 5.14% - 82.25 front 99.75 rear
How much leeway does the Attessa system have?
At the moment i have no problems ...no 4WD light on etc but have read it COULD cause problems?
Any advice would be great
Cheers

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
from what I understand its more the rolling radius you need to watch. Differect sizes/aspect ratios may confuse the 4wd system. So with your different widths you will prob have a slight difference in circumference.

Different widths should be fine.

PS - I think you have the sizes mixed up above

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Err yeah...opps sorry:chuckle:
Rears are 285/35/ZR19 - (19X8.5)
Fronts tyres are 235/35/ ZR19 - (19X9.5)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Yeah they are clear with orange bulbs
Your's must be the only R32 GTR with side repeaters.

Are you sure your rear tyres/wheels are 9.5 and 285. I run 9.5" with 255s and they look about the same. I'd expect the bigger tyre to 'overhang' the rim more.

I'm not 100% sure but I'd guess that the 4WD system would be OK with a (slightly) larger rear tyre than front. Not sure I'd want to be the one to test the theory out though! Mind you if you're worried you could always run it in 2WD until you can get tyres with the same rolling radius.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
not sure about how much difference in rollling radius there is in yours but i know when i had to stick a couple of tempary wheels on back of mine (55 profile instead of 50) i was advised to remain in rwd only (by pulling the fuse out) or it would destroy the attessa clutch very quickly.
your r/r may be very minimal though but dont know the equation to work it out.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
didnt even notice it was same profiles on each, so yeah, would say it would cause problems. keep in rwd untill you get a different profile on rears.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
From what I understand, you will kill the transfer box fairly quickly as your 4WD system will be engaged all the time thinking one of the wheel is slipping.

The fuse is located under the dash on the driver side, the top left hand corner fuse labeled 4WD (10 amp), pull that fuse and it will disengage the 4WD system.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
as above, only thing is it brings on the abs light too (never tried to see if abs was actually turned off aswel though) there is another fuse under the bonnet labled 4wd, says in the workshop manual to pull that one if using a 2 roller brake tester so may be a better option?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
keep to 17s or 18s and you will see the change in your car.i had 19s on mine and i wished i never bothered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts