GTR Forum banner

R32 GTR air filter

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  matty32 
#1 ·
Just in the process of having my turbo's rebuild and just cleaning everything while it's off the car. Noticed the HKS air filters were brown, I thought they were meant to be green and upon inspection turns out the foam was rotten. Looking around for replacements, I can either buy a replacement foam which is the cheapest and easiest option. There's a £10 hks foam and a £20 foams on the market (ebay).. I assume the cheapest is a fake unless someone has experience

Has anyone had any issues with the hks filters?

Cheers in advance.

#2 ·
Avoid HKS filters, they will let in a lot of dirt. Get yourself something decent like Apexi or ARC airbox. I tend to avoid foam filters because filtration is poor compared to gauze based such as K&N, best still the OE paper filters are the best.

I see that you are new to Skylines and your looking at cheap and cheerful parts to replace ie from Ebay. Remember cheap is not always the best as it will bite you hard in the long run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.