GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of changing my standard air box & filter for some HKS or APEXI filters, is this a good idea or will I just be dragging hot air in from the engine & turbos ?

Also what's the deal with the maf sensors, as some people use them & some people don't ?

The car is a GTR V spec2 with the only mods being HKS downpipes, Mines ecu, Full de-cat exhaust. It's been dyno'd at 380 bhp by the previous owner.

Cheers Guys.

·
Registered
26,767 Posts
hi the stock airbox is very efficient.

if you not bothered with"bling" etc then go for that and replace it with a nismo panel filter or similar.

if you want to change to afterkmarket set up

ARC offers the best (big box style with red filters), however Apexis are considered the ones which offer the best filtration behind ARC set up.

HKS = i wouldnt use those.

some people run AFMs because its a stock set up, those who have taken them off / removed them is due to the stage of tune mostly and the fact their ECU can run without the need for AFMs.

basically unless you change your ECU your stuck with AFMS

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Air filters

Cheers for the speedy reply. I like the look of the ARC filter, do they flow much more than the standard airbox ? also how much are the nismo panel filters ?

I also sent Your company an e-mail regarding a bonnet lip for My R32 GTR V spec2.

Cheers again, I'll be in touch. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts