GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I was honda fanatic for last 8 years. Last car was K24/K20 Dc2 typer... but then... i was thinking.. Damn that FWD... lets take R32. I love oldscool cars like this, with soul. :) So now i'm praud R32 GTR (2nd generation) owner from Germany.

Lets cut to the point. I know a lot of you guys have problems with attesa nitrogen accumulator. They get empty and then the clicking relay sound in boot, and so on. I have the same problem.
I cannot cruise with 4wd on, car jerks around in 4wd. Have the feeling that pump is turning on and off by it self and cannot hold pressure. Yes i know it can be dead pump, but i like to think it's this Nitrogen accumulator.

I want to ask if you guys are refilling them in UK? Or buying new?

I can get new from 200pounds in germany, but i'm asking because possibly i can refill them for under 70 pounds a pice. I have friend who refills all kind of nitrogen bottles and he told me it's no problem to refill this one.

Is here any one else who needs a refill?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No those are not tyres, all the same size 19x9,5 ET35 265/30/R19
I already ruled out all other options. It leaves me only with pump or accumulator.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i pull the fuse its perfectly fine. I have 4wd switch. Mine R32 is about 450hp, when i pull hard it digs good and there is no problem with 4wd.
It is only when i maintain stady speed at light trothle (TPS is fine). I have consult and i have checked everything.

So if cruize it will stay below 10, and when i give and hold a bot trothle it will sligly jerk. Needle is bouncing from 8-10-8-10-7-9-8-10 something like this. Cars front lights are fading a bit with every jerk car makes. I think it's it is the pump.

I will try to make a video, to show how it is. I never have seen something like this.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was two problems. Now my cars 4wd is performig as it should.
All the time it sits on 0, complete 0. As soon as i floor it a bit, needle rises. If it slips it risies, otherwise it;s always at 0.

I got new wheels and new tyres and sold the old ones. Problem went away.
But pump is engaging too often, because of almost empty nitrogen bottle.
So there was 2 problems at once.

1. my tires or rims were not okey for attesa system, because of that, power was always delivered to front. That means pump was constantly delivering pressure and engaging front, but....
2. nitrogen bottle which one helps to maintain pressure is/was almost empty. And because of that, there was a problem maintaining pressure all the time (need for constant pressure because of problem nr.1).

I will not refill my nitrogen bottle because now fronts are engaging only when i need them, so pump is not under stress all the time. And when i need my awd it will function perfectly.

I hope i helped someone. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
So to summarise:
Take 30 minutes to run a tape around each tyre and note circumferences.
Swap the smallest tyres onto the front, biggest on the rear.
Problem 1 sorted.

Next, ATTESSA pump cutting in too often:
Replace nitrogen accumulator.
Problem 2 sorted.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My friend says, accumulator refill about 60-70pounds.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
My friend says, accumulator refill about 60-70pounds.
I'd be willing to pay that to get rid of the clicking noise. What's the process to refill it? I've always wondered if that clicking affects the performance somehow

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same here, worth it to get rid of the click. I don't think the constant cycling is a critical issue tbh
Maybe it wears out pump a bit more?

We never tried to refill it, but if someone has one bottle somewhere we could try to refill it and see how it goes.

If someone is willing to give a empty bottle for testing purposes, would be awsome. ;) If this works, we all could get cheap refills.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Been doing some reading and it seems like if it's clicking all the time it will delay the reaction time of the front two wheels kicking in when required.

Would be interested to see where in the UK this can be done from.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts