GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been trying to work out this problem with my front brakes. When I picked up the car they started to squeal when coming to a stop, the rotors were the stock nissan and the pads were endless pads. The old set were still really good but I though I would go ahead and replace them so I found some Drexel pads and rotors and put them on. The new pads and rotors started squealing almost right away. The next thing I thought I would try was putting a shim kit in and that made the squeal even worse. I am wondering if I should get the brake rebuild kit now and rebuild the calipers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks mike

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
are not new pads suppose to squeal when they are literally brand new or depending on pads? everytime i change brake pads, on any of my cars, they squeal at first few hundred miles.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Do a few high speed stops in a short period off time that really heat the pads and disks up, and let them cool whilst driving normal again and it should be better after that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts