GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone ,

So I've had my standard brakes replaced with Brembos from an R33 GTR (I think so , they're black not gold or anything?)

And have also got a new BM-57 master cylinder fitted.

So thought that would have given me a much better brake feel and stopping power ... It is a bit better , but I wouldn't say that it has amazing brakes still.
The pads and discs aren't anything special I don't think.
I will eventually have braided hoses fitted , but can't imagine that it would make a big difference ?

Heared that a cusco brake stopper would help the spongey feel in the pedal and make it a tougher stop ?
But was wondering if it would still fit now that I've got the BM-57 cylinder fitted , as this is a V-spec master cylinder right ??

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Couldn't advise on the stopper i dont think itll bring a big change.. but a decent set of pads will be great. I'd suggest ferodo DS2500 but heard they aren't road legal even tho everyone seems to go an buy em.

Anyway a decent set of pads will really help to start with.

I didn't rate the brembo at all hence going for k sport 8 pots and 356mm discs.. which are equally grilled by forum members on various threads but from my xp they stop me on my nose. (My own car 32gtr btw)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
From what I've seen (New to the GTR world) the brake stopper is merely stopping bulkhead flex.

How old are your flexi lines as if they are old it could be they are perished and expanding under pressure so would be worth doing the braided lines as a good replacement/upgrade anyway

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
A BMC stopper, especially like Cusco, makes a massive difference on pedal feel and it completely eliminates the bulkhead flex.

Have it installed since the early days on my 32, worked well on street and track and I'd never look back.

Best brake feel you get when ditching the ABS, but that's just personal preference.

The "stopping power" (I think you're meaning the initial bite when you tab on the brake, as even stock sumitomo's are able to lock up all wheels) is dependent on your brake pads.

As for Cusco working with a BM57, if you can tell me the difference in length between the BM50 and BM57, I can check on my car if there's a big enough gap so you can install it.

If you're planning on higher power numbers and some trackdays, don't waste your money on DS2500, they won't be up to the job (I already used them on track), they are cheap, but that's about it (their heat range is quite small and you will suffere severe brake judder from uneven brake deposits).

HTH

Leo

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Leo I wish I had the BM50 still , unfortunately I got rid of it as it was broken. But the reason I raised the question on if it would fit , is that I had a quick look on Nengun for the Cusco brace - which states "not suitable for v-spec" ... and I believe that now I have the BM57 in place , that it has the same set up as a V-Spec ... correct me if I'm wrong.

And I agree about the Ferodo's , I wouldn't go for them. I have Endless MX72 pads on my Evo Tommi Makinen and I swear by them now , so good !

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,205 Posts
I've used a Cusco with both the r32 and 34 BMC and it fits fine on both.
As above. Best mod you can make to the brakes for little money. You won;t stop any quicker in absolute terms but you might find that with the extra feel you can use the brakes better (if that makes sense).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts