GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
anymore for anymore?

I'm afraid there's a bit of non-skyline content towards the end. Next video will be back to 100% skyline metal fabrication misery, promise.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Back with a bit more of this then. This is where things start to deviate from the ideal a little bit.

I've been trying to work on a few things in parallel to drive some momentum back into the build. So hopefully lots of restored / new / shiny parts to come.

hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Finding it quite slow and frustrating at the moment. And having to speed some time on the house too which isnt helping. I've got this though, which should help me clean a lot of the alloy parts in house and work towards finishing the rear subframe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was surprised how well it came up with the blasting without marring the surface. That glass bead went well.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Was surprised how well it came up with the blasting without marring the surface. That glass bead went well.
I’m really happy with the finish. I’ve had a tip that if I use the course media and then the find stuff it’ll actually smooth it out and be really clean. But then I’ve got to be swapping it out.

it’s good, but takes a long time and isn’t ‘like new’, to be expected I guess. Easy to obsess over these things lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m really happy with the finish. I’ve had a tip that if I use the course media and then the find stuff it’ll actually smooth it out and be really clean. But then I’ve got to be swapping it out.

it’s good, but takes a long time and isn’t ‘like new’, to be expected I guess. Easy to obsess over these things lol
Probably the only way you'd get a better finish is with vapour blasting but considering how much it cost you in materials and the unit itself it's really good!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Bit of a weird one..

I'm not sure how long these arms will stay on. I'd like to make tubular arms... but then do I wait until I change pick up points?

For getting the car rolling, I've done these. It's made an incredible difference to stiffness, quite shocking how bad the arms are to begin with.

[youtube]

Pedal box up next... been excited about it for a very long time.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Been a while.. here's an update.

I'm not sure if I'm over thinking the video and sound quality / issues. But I think I've reached the end of my gopro career. Thing is total rubbish.

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )1999 Nismo R34 GTR V-Spec 1991 R32 GTR.
223 Posts
When I did blasting to clean parts of my R33 GTR V-spec I used walnut shells, not pitting or maring of the surfaces.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
More stuff. Just starting to get some of the big bits ready to fit to the back. Every diff measurement is out. Fantastic.

Also - I've got some titanium dioxide to dye the gears and check engagement for the rebuild now :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
great job on the diff cover. are you doing any sort of baffling inside there?
cheers mate.

Nah, the extension is along the fill line, not higher. So within the new capacity section there is no where for it to surge to anyway, if that makes sense?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi alex i started watching last week and am amazed and throughly enjoying watching the vids ive subscribed. Im just up to subframe stuff atm. As a 32 owner also id love to get to this level and i love the air Jacks they are awesome!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hi alex i started watching last week and am amazed and throughly enjoying watching the vids ive subscribed. Im just up to subframe stuff atm. As a 32 owner also id love to get to this level and i love the air Jacks they are awesome!

Thanks mate, really appreciate the kind feedback & glad you're enjoying it :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks mate, really appreciate the kind feedback & glad you're enjoying it :)
No worries mate its crazy the level your going to on this i caught up to date now so ill be watching this latest 1 this eve. Are you going to go full blue and calsonic on the outside? And can i ask what do you do for a day job i take it some sort of engineer? Anyways keep up the good work. Cheers

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
No worries mate its crazy the level your going to on this i caught up to date now so ill be watching this latest 1 this eve. Are you going to go full blue and calsonic on the outside? And can i ask what do you do for a day job i take it some sort of engineer? Anyways keep up the good work. Cheers
Hi mate, I'm not really into all that... it'll maintain its original paint, or most of it :) You used to be able to buy an unliveried group A car for 55mY, so thats the look.

Yes buddy, I'm an automotive engineer. I won't go into it though, it's not very interesting :)

21 - 40 of 80 Posts