GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi hoping someone can help with what the type of OBD we have in our cars is the connector the same as an OBD II?
I have been looking at one of these and they say they can customise the port so need to know what we have.
https://www.scangauge.com/products/scangauged/

I was thinking that this will give me accurate data instead of fitting all new gauges?

Interested in hearing every ones thoughts

thanks

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The R32 port is a Nissan Consult type. It's NOT a member of the OBD family.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh thanks skylab, so how can I get one of these that behaves like the techtom in the car? Is it possible?

Thanks for the prompt reply

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
What information are you looking to have displayed?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoping to have oil pressure boost and a few others??

I know someone with a techtom that may sell it but cant remember whether it displays oil pressure and boost as these are the most important.
If they do I will fit a techtom

thanks for all your help

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Any OBD system will only display what the ECU reads or can calculate.
The Nissan ECU does not read oil pressure OR boost so you cannot read this info with anything. I have the Nissan Datascan kit to read the stock ECU.

Click here

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks r32 combat there goes my bright idea but better you tell me now before I spend the dough!

cheers

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
You could use this software to read certain information from the Consult port. I met a guy with a 300ZX using an old iPaq on a mount with this software. He was very happy with it.

Untitled Document

If you are really keen the centre gauges are all electronic. Given that people have retrofitted R34 MFDs it shouldn't be impossible to do something.

However you'll still be using the stock sensors which (for many people) is half the problem.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chris your 100% right i want to do away with the stock oil pressure gauge/sender in particular as its reliable for 6-9 months after a new sender is fitted then starts its usual antics.
After much consideration i think i will go for a vdo oil pressure gauge and vdo sender i have these on most of my other cars and they have been nothing but reliable.

thanks for the help much appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts