GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am planning to revert my R32 GTR back to twin turbo, and am considering using a HKS F-Con V Pro instead of the Power FC in the car now.
Unfortunately, the previous owner has misplaced the original ECU, and is not sure if the Power FC is using the original harness.
I have done a brief search and found out that I should be getting the ECU with P/N 23710 05U02.
However, these seems to be rare.
There are some other ECUs, but meant for R33, or later model R32s.
I would like to know if they are compatible, and whether the ECU harness are similar for different series of R32, and also R33.
Thanks.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The PFC would have plugged into the stock harness.
All rb26 engines use the have harness plug and almost the same wiring.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you R32 Combat.

I know that I should be looking to get a 23710 05U02, but I would like to know whether the other ECUs, eg the R32 has 05U03, 05U60, 05U61 and 05U62 for RB26 engine... can they also be used instead

what are the difference in the ECUs other than the year model they are meant for?

My R32 is a 89 year model by the way...

Thanks

3,665 Posts
If it want it to look super tidy you can run the HKS F-con as stand alone without a stock ECU.

Any stock ECU will be okay as the fuel/ignition maps are controlled for the HKS ECU.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it want it to look super tidy you can run the HKS F-con as stand alone without a stock ECU.

Any stock ECU will be okay as the fuel/ignition maps are controlled for the HKS ECU.
hmmm.. didn't know that the FCon can be used without the original ECU.
thought it was just a piggyback?

and it is only for fuel and ignition control. so how does it read all the other parameters??

sorry, kinda noob on this as I have never used it before. the only time I upgraded my ecu in my other car was using a chip ...

3,665 Posts
yes F-con can be ran standalone , sorry I didnt expain myself thou when you run piggyback the fuel/ignition is all controlled via the F-con but things like air con control TPS 4WD Signal, idle control is all controlled via the stock ECU, if you go standalone we use some of the many configurable outputs to control these parameters.

But you can also use a Link G4 in a stock ECU case will do the same as a standalone HKS set up.

choice is yours.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes F-con can be ran standalone , sorry I didnt expain myself thou when you run piggyback the fuel/ignition is all controlled via the F-con but things like air con control TPS 4WD Signal, idle control is all controlled via the stock ECU, if you go standalone we use some of the many configurable outputs to control these parameters.

But you can also use a Link G4 in a stock ECU case will do the same as a standalone HKS set up.

choice is yours.
hmmm... that's something new and interesting.
I think I need to speak to my local HKS guys
thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
An update.
The previous owner managed to find an ecu for the 32. :clap:
Now waiting for my FCon and to finish the engine rebuild!!!
Thanks guys for the replies.
Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts