1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

Another annoying post from myself!

(Apologies as I'm still learning)

I was going through the list of parts I got from the Japanese dealer who I bought my gtr from.

When going through the parts list as far as ecu goes the exact description is "stock CPU ROM rewriting" now I personally would interpret that as a generic flash as apposed to remap?

What opinions would you guys have on this description,I know its a strange one to answer.

Many thanks

Reece

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
^^ yes its just flashing i beliieve. not remapping. go for nistune instead if budget is tight, of go apexi pfc, they are remappable. they go for around £400 more or less nowadays. otherwise there are good aftermatket ecu(s) available such as Link g4, syvecs, motec, etc.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Could be a stage one map depending on what mods your engine already has. I doubt they would reflash to a stock map unless they have returned the engine to stock if it was modified before?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could be a stage one map depending on what mods your engine already has. I doubt they would reflash to a stock map unless they have returned the engine to stock if it was modified before?
I have no idea what these Japanese have done.

All I know is it's running decat,cat back exhaust system,front mount intercooler,Greddy induction kit and piping with Greddy t517z turbos .

Has apexci water temp and boost gauges but I have no idea what boost it's running.

No EBC either

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I never checked that but if your using an EBC to control boost lets say an avcr it's not necessarily needed

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Have made a decision! Going to go apexi PFC and EBC that way I should be able to get decent gains aswell as overall running!
I'd really consider the Nistune unit. I had one and it was a great unit for the cost. The only limitation is the lack of MAP sensor support. Given your goals this is not relevant.

NIStune - Realtime ECU Tuning

Given that even second hand PFCs seem to go for a lot more money. The only advantage of the PFC as I see it is the hand controller. For the cost differnetial you could buy a cheapo laptop to fulfil that role.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I have a nistune ecu which will be going up for sale as soon as I get the pfc fitted and mapped and they are good ecu

1 - 17 of 17 Posts