GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've got a follow up to my last thread about a mines ecu.
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/292114-r32-gtr-nines-ecu-stage1.html

First things first my greddy profec b II wont hold a stable boost no matter how I set it. It spikes and drops down to a sensible boost level and then spikes. No idea why it's doing that and I've never had a setup issue with this controller before.

I've bought a mines ecu, believed to be off a 'stage1' r32 gtr. My car has a exhaust, air filters and a boost controller, nothing more. The mines ecu is missing the gel covering the chip which has made me think it's been played with. Upon trying the mines ecu it's stopped the hicas working, delimited the car and it picks up a bit better but the boost issue above still remains. (tempted to go back to the stock solenoid because it's so annoying which is apparently upped to 1.0bar- need to test this).

I've just done a couple runs down my local major road. I've got a DET can so i'm listening to the difference between the two. The mines ecu seems fine but upto about 1.10-1.20 bar you can hear the engine pinking. Surely for a ecu with a higher fuel duty this shouldn't be happening?
I then put my OEM ecu in the car and did the same run, this time the engine wasn't pinking at all. I even upped the boost to spike at 1.3bar and nothing?

My stock ecu with rev limiter...

My Mines ecu.....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They varied. As soon at I installed the controller even hitting .7bar was an issue with it spiking and going up and down.

For example 40% with 15%gain @ 1.00bar... would be set with a 1.05limiter. Safety level 10.

It was spike to 1bar and drop to .8bar. So I upped the gain which made no difference. I dropped the gain to 5% and upped the set % which just made it spike at a higher bar. Loads of playing around and it wont work.

I've just plugged the stock solenoid back in without the restrictor and will go test that in a bit. The surging and dropping of the boost is pi55ing me off, right arse to drive.

·
Registered
934 Posts
If you are aiming for 1 BAR I would put the Gain at 15 and the start boost to .8bar. Over boost level 1.15 and Set to 25%. I would then run the car and see what the boost it makes and then keep tweaking the set % up until you get 1 bar.

If you are trying to make 1b and have the start boost set at a bar it will boost spike as the controller will not even start to control anything until it sees 1b and by then its too late and you get a spike.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can say about Mines ecu:
They are tuned for very good fuel, so normaly they tend to ping(detonate) atleast here they always detonate on pump fuel
The best you can do is add some fuel pressure to fuel rail if oyu have adjustable fuel regulator only 1-2 psi add will rich up a mixture a bit.
the other option is to make ign timing later at all range. Not a good solution thought but can make your engine safe
Star with -1 degree, by turning your CAS clockwise, and cheking ignition with strobe light.

If you cant do any of these i recomend you dont use this ECU

As for your thoughts about mines ECU has been pyade with - in my expirience it is normal you can see a sights of soldering. Mines upgrade stock ECU so it is done by mines i think.

Sorry english is not my native so some words are not rigth, but you can get the line.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are aiming for 1 BAR I would put the Gain at 15 and the start boost to .8bar. Over boost level 1.15 and Set to 25%. I would then run the car and see what the boost it makes and then keep tweaking the set % up until you get 1 bar.

If you are trying to make 1b and have the start boost set at a bar it will boost spike as the controller will not even start to control anything until it sees 1b and by then its too late and you get a spike.
Ah that's interesting to know, thanks. I will have a look but for the time being I've just re-plumbed the OEM solenoid without the restrictor runs upto a bar roughly and is smooth as anything :bowdown1:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can say about Mines ecu:
They are tuned for very good fuel, so normaly they tend to ping(detonate) atleast here they always detonate on pump fuel
The best you can do is add some fuel pressure to fuel rail if oyu have adjustable fuel regulator only 1-2 psi add will rich up a mixture a bit.
the other option is to make ign timing later at all range. Not a good solution thought but can make your engine safe
Star with -1 degree, by turning your CAS clockwise, and cheking ignition with strobe light.

If you cant do any of these i recomend you dont use this ECU

As for your thoughts about mines ECU has been pyade with - in my expirience it is normal you can see a sights of soldering. Mines upgrade stock ECU so it is done by mines i think.

Sorry english is not my native so some words are not rigth, but you can get the line.
I see what you're saying but adjusting the fuel pressure and retarding the CAS is a bit of a bodge and making something that isn't right work. Decided i'm not going to use the Mines ecu as I have no ideal what the timing and fuelling it set too I'll spend a bit more dosh and do it right. Lesson learnt.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Correct, That is not they way it is intended to be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts