GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have had my GTR since May 97 and bought it with the intention to rebuild it fully bit by bit as funds allow.
My reasons for buying this particular GTR is the fact that the underside was in superb condition, it was low mileage 79k km WITH service history and that it had all new Ohlins suspension with Tein Tension rods all new brakes , brand new wheels and tyres and the list goes on so this was a great basis for my project.

Now you will notice that the suspension turrets have all been reinforced and it is the same in the rear so I am suspecting that the car was used on the track! this in itself makes a good reason for a engine overhaul!

So over the next two or three months i will be fully rebuilding the engine bay and engine.:)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Will you be doing a slight clean up or are you up for the whole program, stitch welding the strut towers, closing unneeded holes etc.? Looking forward to see it completed! I like such threads :)

Marc

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Great progress as stachi said close some of those un-needed holes.

Looking forward to more pics. Looking really good

·
Registered
274 Posts
I admire you lads on the spanner, still cant understand how you can pull an engine to bits, and remember where and how they go back, plus getting the car to run again kin ell:bowdown1:

my GTRs just had no 6 cylinder go, decided to have an rb30 done... not by me may I add.

Think I,ll stick to the building trade.

Graham

·
Registered
368 Posts
good one bruve its looking good. il have to come and se how its going, hope you can spair some time soon for some spooning lol

·
Registered
3,207 Posts

Here she is ready to go under the knife!!:eek:
I'm sure i had a look at this GTR when i was shopping for one last year, did you get it from a guy in Gloucester? Blitz carbon boost gauge on the dash? and small fag burn on the rear seat??

·
Registered
108 Posts
lovely job mate... BUT 79,000km LOL!! The speedo is still spin'n backwords.That inlet manifold looks like its done 379,000km. still a very nice car.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lovely job mate... BUT 79,000km LOL!! The speedo is still spin'n backwords.That inlet manifold looks like its done 379,000km. still a very nice car.
I have the service history for it right up to a couple of months before I bought it.
You cant go by the paint on the plenum , all it takes is one idiot with a jetwash lol.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts