GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided I am never going to have time to rebuild my old engine (not even sure it needs rebuilding!!)

It was totally rebuilt by middlehurst in 1999. I know it has as steel head gasket, not sure of any other mods internally. its done about 9000 miles since then.
I changed it because it developed a very light tapping noise between 4000 & 5000 rpm once warm, which a skyline tuner diagnosed as a spun crank bearing. It was a difficult decision to pull the engine as it was still pulling very strong, not using any oil, and when I drained the engine oil there is absolutely no metal fragments, which I would have expected?

I did notice both turbo heat shields have lost bolts and could have been rattling. I also found that the LH engine mounting had sheared completely.

I am selling this as a complete running engine with front diff, but no ancilliaries. I had to swap all the bits over to my new engine.

I am looking for £1500 ovno

Call me on 07813 777295 or e-mail [email protected]

Kev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.