GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is my R32 GTR Skyline I have owned the car for circa 5+ years.

In my ownership I have endeavored to improve/preserve what is in my opinion an honest & solid car.

I enjoy driving her and she’s treated sympathetically, always allowed to warm up and cool down.

Never driven in the winter or in the rain, always kept under a quality breathable & waterproof cover, I also use fan heaters in the car and the boot during winter.

I have lots of receipts for work undertaken, she’s also been maintained by a good friend who is a mechanic at my local garage.

The car was near standard when I bought her with just a cat back exhaust and air filter, it still retained the factory boost restrictor and speed limiter, mileage was reading in km’s and was showing 75,000. However, there is no Japanese service history so without it the mileage cannot be guaranteed.

I also swapped the original clocks for Nismo ones, I have photos of the original mileage and the mileage on the Nismo clocks which was 94,000 when they were fitted to the car. Current mileage on the Nismo clocks is circa 103,000 so I’ve done about 9,000km in 5 years.

At the time I had another R32 GTR purchased from HJA which had some nice modifications including an N1 spec engine, unfortunately this car was involved in an incident and written off. So the engine and associated performance parts including the above mentioned clocks were transplanted into my current GTR.

Description below, anything indicated new are parts fitted within the last 5k.

Interior
Good tidy interior no rips or holes in seats, couple of bubbles on the dashboard and one small hole drilled presumably for something that was previously fitted in Japan.

Body
Recent respray this was undertaken to freshen up the old paint work that had faded and looked like it had a tinge of cream rather than pure white, I have a short video when the car was being painted available on request.

The rear window was also removed, the aperture prepped, painted and new window seals fitted this was undertaken because the old window seals were starting to lift in the top corners.

The car is very solid, some minor surface corrosion here and there to the underside/inner arches the kind that a wire brush would sweep away not riddled or pitted in anyway see example photos. Just wanted to be clear about this as I see examples advised as rust free but that maybe down to interpretation. If I were keeping her, I would have the underside and inner arches prepped, stone chipped and painted to match the body.

There is some lower cill/jacking point damage common problem unfortunately, again if I keep her I’d have this repaired.

I have used Dinitrol Cavity wax in anything I could gain access to including cills etc, these are all solid by the way.

I have the badges that were removed when the car was painted i.e. the Nissan rear boot, wings & front bonnet badges, these have not been re-fitted yet.

Engine
N1 spec bottom end, differences over standard engine include, rotating assembly balanced to a higher specification, improved water/oil gallery, revised pistons and rings.
N1 24U block.
Longnose crank.
N1 oil pump – new.
N1 water pump – new.
Tomei sump baffle – new.
Bottom end gaskets – new.
Top end rocker gaskets & half-moons – new.
Tomei type B camshafts - new.
HKS adjustable Vernier camshaft pulleys - new.
Fluidampr crankshaft pulley– new.
Nitto clear camshaft cover – new but has a slight crack.
Dayco performance cam belt – new.
Cam belt pulleys – new.
I have the cam cover; it was removed to help dissipate heat.
Run on Fuchs Race Pro R 10w-50 originally but changed to 5w-40 since the oil cooler was fitted.
Engine was compression tested by HJA when I purchased the car and was 174psi on all cylinders.
Remapped by Mark at Abbey Motorsports, made 495hp at rear hubs.

Fuel
550cc Nismo injectors.
Aeromotive Stealth 340 fuel pump - New.
Fuel pump permanent live modification and associated relay.

Engine Management
3 bar map sensor.
HKS Fcon V Pro Gold ECU version 3.4.
HKS EVC 6 boost control.
Aftermarket coils – new.
Genuine coil loom – new.
NGK Racing Competition iridium spark plugs – new.

Running Gear
Standard 5 speed gearbox.
HKS twin plate clutch.
Redline heavy shock proof gearbox oil – new.
Diffs & transfer fluids - new.
4 wheel drive controller - new.

Intake, Exhaust & Turbos
HKS racing suction reloaded induction kit – recent replacement filters.
HKS hard pipes.
HKS twin blow off valves.
Baffled twin entry turbo pipe – new.
MAF delete – new.
HKS intercooler.
Twin HKS GTSS turbos.
HKS actuators.
HKS pump pipes.
HKS downpipes.
De-cat pipe – new.
Fujitsubo Legalis Super R exhaust with custom v band center box delete – new.

Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
MeisterR ZetaCRD coilovers – new.
Driftworks rear adjustable camber arms - new.
Genuine 17” Volk TE37 forged alloys, these do have associated marks and a small dink nearside front it’s always been there when I bought the car.
Tyres – new.
Front disks & pads – new.
Rear disks & pads – new.

Cooling.
Spal electric fan - new.
Davies Craig digital thermatic electric fan controller - new.
Aluminium 42mm radiator – new.
Silicone water hoses throughout – new.
19 row HEL Performance oil cooler - new.
Mocal thermostatic oil cooler sandwich plate - new.
Automatic turbo timer.

Issues
Interior light is temperamental like a door switch is faulty, I suspect it is when the alarm was fitted & spliced into the loom to pick up the door switches.

Offside headlight gets moisture in it during the winter months so ideally needs replacing.

Front tension arm bushes getting old and picked up as an advisory on the MOT.

Sometimes it takes two or three flicks of the key to start and idles at circa 1200rpm, this was since the remap, at the time Abbey explained they normally let a car cool down after tuning & adjust the cold start etc. However, this was not possible as we ran out of time and I have never taken it back to have this adjusted.

The engine bay has never been deep cleaned but at least it’s honest under there.

General

CAT 1 Toad alarm & immobiliser fitted.

Just serviced & will come with new MOT.

The car is circa 27 years old and has associated wear/tear consistent with a well-maintained example of its age. I consider her to be above average condition but careful not to describe her as mint or immaculate.

Regards value, I’m honestly not 100% sure, a lot of examples for sale are not for sale and advertisements to buy these cars, the ones that seem genuinely for sale vary from £25k upto £40+k.

So all things considered I’m asking £25k.

I’m not in a rush to sell her, I’m not even sure I want to, it just feels like the time is right.

Please don’t waste my time or yours if you don’t have the funds etc I don’t have the patience.

Please PM me if you have any questions and for my contact number, I will expect a phone call if your genuinely interested in the car.

I will not entertain half a dozen people turning up to view the car, two is plenty.

Note the car is not kept at my address as I had an unfortunate experience when selling a motorbike years ago, so viewing will by prior agreement only.

Sorry to make the above statements hope you can appreciate why, any genuine buyers are welcome.

·
Super Moderator
15,926 Posts
Looks decent, and I haven't seen one for under £30K this year so cheap mate. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
For sale is my R32 GTR Skyline I have owned the car for circa 5+ years.

In my ownership I have endeavored to improve/preserve what is in my opinion an honest & solid car.

I enjoy driving her and she’s treated sympathetically, always allowed to warm up and cool down.

Never driven in the winter or in the rain, always kept under a quality breathable & waterproof cover, I also use fan heaters in the car and the boot during winter.

I have lots of receipts for work undertaken, she’s also been maintained by a good friend who is a mechanic at my local garage.

The car was near standard when I bought her with just a cat back exhaust and air filter, it still retained the factory boost restrictor and speed limiter, mileage was reading in km’s and was showing 75,000. However, there is no Japanese service history so without it the mileage cannot be guaranteed.

I also swapped the original clocks for Nismo ones, I have photos of the original mileage and the mileage on the Nismo clocks which was 94,000 when they were fitted to the car. Current mileage on the Nismo clocks is circa 103,000 so I’ve done about 9,000km in 5 years.

At the time I had another R32 GTR purchased from HJA which had some nice modifications including an N1 spec engine, unfortunately this car was involved in an incident and written off. So the engine and associated performance parts including the above mentioned clocks were transplanted into my current GTR.

Description below, anything indicated new are parts fitted within the last 5k.

Interior
Good tidy interior no rips or holes in seats, couple of bubbles on the dashboard and one small hole drilled presumably for something that was previously fitted in Japan.

Body
Recent respray this was undertaken to freshen up the old paint work that had faded and looked like it had a tinge of cream rather than pure white, I have a short video when the car was being painted available on request.

The rear window was also removed, the aperture prepped, painted and new window seals fitted this was undertaken because the old window seals were starting to lift in the top corners.

The car is very solid, some minor surface corrosion here and there to the underside/inner arches the kind that a wire brush would sweep away not riddled or pitted in anyway see example photos. Just wanted to be clear about this as I see examples advised as rust free but that maybe down to interpretation. If I were keeping her, I would have the underside and inner arches prepped, stone chipped and painted to match the body.

There is some lower cill/jacking point damage common problem unfortunately, again if I keep her I’d have this repaired.

I have used Dinitrol Cavity wax in anything I could gain access to including cills etc, these are all solid by the way.

I have the badges that were removed when the car was painted i.e. the Nissan rear boot, wings & front bonnet badges, these have not been re-fitted yet.

Engine
N1 spec bottom end, differences over standard engine include, rotating assembly balanced to a higher specification, improved water/oil gallery, revised pistons and rings.
N1 24U block.
Longnose crank.
N1 oil pump – new.
N1 water pump – new.
Tomei sump baffle – new.
Bottom end gaskets – new.
Top end rocker gaskets & half-moons – new.
Tomei type B camshafts - new.
HKS adjustable Vernier camshaft pulleys - new.
Fluidampr crankshaft pulley– new.
Nitto clear camshaft cover – new but has a slight crack.
Dayco performance cam belt – new.
Cam belt pulleys – new.
I have the cam cover; it was removed to help dissipate heat.
Run on Fuchs Race Pro R 10w-50 originally but changed to 5w-40 since the oil cooler was fitted.
Engine was compression tested by HJA when I purchased the car and was 174psi on all cylinders.
Remapped by Mark at Abbey Motorsports, made 495hp at rear hubs.

Fuel
550cc Nismo injectors.
Aeromotive Stealth 340 fuel pump - New.
Fuel pump permanent live modification and associated relay.

Engine Management
3 bar map sensor.
HKS Fcon V Pro Gold ECU version 3.4.
HKS EVC 6 boost control.
Aftermarket coils – new.
Genuine coil loom – new.
NGK Racing Competition iridium spark plugs – new.

Running Gear
Standard 5 speed gearbox.
HKS twin plate clutch.
Redline heavy shock proof gearbox oil – new.
Diffs & transfer fluids - new.
4 wheel drive controller - new.

Intake, Exhaust & Turbos
HKS racing suction reloaded induction kit – recent replacement filters.
HKS hard pipes.
HKS twin blow off valves.
Baffled twin entry turbo pipe – new.
MAF delete – new.
HKS intercooler.
Twin HKS GTSS turbos.
HKS actuators.
HKS pump pipes.
HKS downpipes.
De-cat pipe – new.
Fujitsubo Legalis Super R exhaust with custom v band center box delete – new.

Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
MeisterR ZetaCRD coilovers – new.
Driftworks rear adjustable camber arms - new.
Genuine 17” Volk TE37 forged alloys, these do have associated marks and a small dink nearside front it’s always been there when I bought the car.
Tyres – new.
Front disks & pads – new.
Rear disks & pads – new.

Cooling.
Spal electric fan - new.
Davies Craig digital thermatic electric fan controller - new.
Aluminium 42mm radiator – new.
Silicone water hoses throughout – new.
19 row HEL Performance oil cooler - new.
Mocal thermostatic oil cooler sandwich plate - new.
Automatic turbo timer.

Issues
Interior light is temperamental like a door switch is faulty, I suspect it is when the alarm was fitted & spliced into the loom to pick up the door switches.

Offside headlight gets moisture in it during the winter months so ideally needs replacing.

Front tension arm bushes getting old and picked up as an advisory on the MOT.

Sometimes it takes two or three flicks of the key to start and idles at circa 1200rpm, this was since the remap, at the time Abbey explained they normally let a car cool down after tuning & adjust the cold start etc. However, this was not possible as we ran out of time and I have never taken it back to have this adjusted.

The engine bay has never been deep cleaned but at least it’s honest under there.

General

CAT 1 Toad alarm & immobiliser fitted.

Just serviced & will come with new MOT.

The car is circa 27 years old and has associated wear/tear consistent with a well-maintained example of its age. I consider her to be above average condition but careful not to describe her as mint or immaculate.

Regards value, I’m honestly not 100% sure, a lot of examples for sale are not for sale and advertisements to buy these cars, the ones that seem genuinely for sale vary from £25k upto £40+k.

So all things considered I’m asking £25k.

I’m not in a rush to sell her, I’m not even sure I want to, it just feels like the time is right.

Please don’t waste my time or yours if you don’t have the funds etc I don’t have the patience.

Please PM me if you have any questions and for my contact number, I will expect a phone call if your genuinely interested in the car.

I will not entertain half a dozen people turning up to view the car, two is plenty.

Note the car is not kept at my address as I had an unfortunate experience when selling a motorbike years ago, so viewing will by prior agreement only.

Sorry to make the above statements hope you can appreciate why, any genuine buyers are welcome.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you to anyone who's shown an interest, I'm now holding the car for a gentleman who has first refusal before I can respond to any further enquiries.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hi @mazzerdod - I've sent a private message with keen interest in buying your vehicle should the gentleman back out. I am a long time member on here back to the days when I sold my R32 gtr vspec II for scrap money 😭 I have cash waiting ready for the right purchase which I would like to cement by the end of this week.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for all the messages and enquires she's now sold to a gentleman I'm certain will take very good care of her!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Seen this on Pistonheads, know nothing about it but it’s £25k

Thanks Calv. Spoke to the guy but he gave an impression that the underside wasn't great.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
It's me the dastardly person that purchased this car. I was originally looking for a grey one but this popped up and I had to look at it.
It needs bits doing to it but is a sound car and mazzerdod was a complete gentleman as well. If somebody offered me a grey car of similar spec I might be turned but the engine is great in this car so I doubt that will happen. I’ve already purchased brakes for it, and I have 20 things on my parts list.
She is off for an MOT on Tuesday....

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
You've done well there Robbie.
I would have considered it if I'd seen it a few hours before I did.

Presumably you've still got the 34?

Enjoy.
No the R33 GTR and R35 I sold... I know where the 35 is, no idea what happened to the 33 that was 12 years ago... wow time flies

It's nice to be back :) glad to see you are still around

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's me the dastardly person that purchased this car. I was originally looking for a grey one but this popped up and I had to look at it.
It needs bits doing to it but is a sound car and mazzerdod was a complete gentleman as well. If somebody offered me a grey car of similar spec I might be turned but the engine is great in this car so I doubt that will happen. I’ve already purchased brakes for it, and I have 20 things on my parts list.
She is off for an MOT on Tuesday....
Welcome back 😊

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Lovely car, he certainly got a bargain. Cheap as chips...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts