GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the fuel pump wasn't priming at all when I turn the key and it's not pushing any fuel either.... First question there are two plugs one with 2 wires one with three... Which one is the pump plug and which is the fuel sender plug?... The only 2 wires that have voltage are 2 out of the 3 on the 3 wire plug....

Also there is a relay in the trunk that keeps clicking every few seconds or so.. Could this be a problem

Car won't start :) fuel pumps not working but trying to see if it is the pump or wiring or relay

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ALSO***8230; I'm only getting power to one terminal on the fuel pump relay.. i assume i should be getting power at 2 of the pins??? with the key in on position

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
2 wire plug
white is earth

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I eventually figured that out and I am not getting power to that plug... Also if I connect a battery straight to the pump plug it doesn't work either haha so maybe I have two problems?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Seized pump resulting in a blown fuse?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope the fuse by the drivers knee is perfectly fine.. And I have power to the 1 pin of the relay so it has to be good

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so the connector receptacle that's a attached to the fuel pump sender unit that goes in the tank... The fuel pump ground has melted and fuel vapors are escaping through there and the terminal was all nlack

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys to bring this thread back .. I have another fuel pump problem I'm assuming ... Car wouldn't start so I pulled the plugs out they looked bone dry so I pulled the hose off the fuel filter and a some fuel came out but I tried turning the key with this hose disconnected and no fuel came out.. I went to the boot and pulled that hose off tried the ignition again.. No fuel... This is as far as I've came because I had to go to work what do people recommend

1 - 8 of 8 Posts