GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get a 4 wheel allignment at the moment but no where seems to have my cars settings on their computers(R32 GTR). Now I did find the settings in another post. What I want to know is, they are factory settings, how much will lowered suspension and larger wheels affect these and is their a general rule as adding/subtracting degrees from these the lower you go, or should I just stick with them. What do the rest of you do.
Cheers
Dave.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Well its kind of odd to use factory geometry when using non factory wheel sizes and suspension. :)

Best to bring the car in with mods in place, find out what the geometry is and adjust it to your tastes.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the thing is the car is going for its NCT(MOT) and failed previously, so in order to get it to pass the allingment has to be corrected. Results from the test were:
Side-Slip/Allignment Test
Front Axle -16m/km. Outside +14 to -14 (m/km) fail
Rear Axle -7m/km. Outside +18 to -18 (m/km) fail
+ values are to the offside and - are to the nearside

So what I suppose I am asking is what should I do to get the front correct. Yes it is clear I dont have a clue what I am talking about, hence the reason for asking.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Using the stock setting is fine, mine is slightly lowered with initially 245/40/17 tyres resulting in increased camber, since there isn't much adjustments in the stock components, i left it as it was (front camber just within and rears just out), this would be ok for track but on the road you just get slightly less braking and traction in a straight line and more wear but not excessively so since the toe was within spec.

Since then i've had adj upper rear camber arms and adj front tension rods put in with 255/35/18 tyres and each time the separate alighment shops have all used the std settings (Abbey MS, Wheels in Motion and EliteDirect).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts