GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got all my parts in and took the car to the dyno and the results were less than I expected (although, isn't that always the case :p). I was under the assumption that the HKS GT2530s would spool much much faster than they did and I was expecting around 450 whp. Let me know what you guys think..

A/F ratios: started off weak but were spot on after moving around the fuel map and we peaked injector duty at only 74%.
Boost: we went up to 1.4 bar to play it safe on the GT2530s, and when it finally got to full boost, it held steady there moving around +/- .2 bar.

Power Mods:
2 x HKS GT2530 Turbos
2 x 300zx MAFs
Ogura Twin Plate Clutch
Greddy Front Mount Intercooler
Sard 722cc Fuel Injectors
Sard 276lph Fuel Pump
NGK Iridium Racing Spark Plugs
Apexi PowerFC Stand Alone Engine Management
Apexi PowerFC Boost Control Kit
Apexi PowerFC Commander
Greddy dual dump pipe /w decat
Apexi exhaust damper control
5Zigen Exhaust

It was done on a RWD dyno with AWD fuse pulled, no AWD ones around here. Normal pump fuel was used the whole time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My Car with cams, 2530, std afms, makes 471 at the wheel at 1.2 bar. Yours seems a bit off, It should be fairly similar to mine, maybe a bit more. The curves look good, smooth. It may be the dyno as well. Most guys quote results off a dynojet dyno. What type of dyno? Why also was it run only to about 6300rpm and not to redline as indicated on your dyno graph?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
slegros said:
My Car with cams, 2530, std afms, makes 471 at the wheel at 1.2 bar. Yours seems a bit off, It should be fairly similar to mine, maybe a bit more. The curves look good, smooth. It may be the dyno as well. Most guys quote results off a dynojet dyno. What type of dyno? Why also was it run only to about 6300rpm and not to redline as indicated on your dyno graph?
It's possible the dyno is off by abit, but the boost did seem to come on very slowly. How soon did your start and build full boost?
The dyno is a RWD Mustang dyno.
What do you mean only run to 6300rpm?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry my mistake, to 7000 RPM, redline is at 8K. The dyno run didn't go to redline? They could have run the car another 1000rpm, you might have seen something from that but hard to say how much.

I'd try the car on another dyno just for reference, and take it right to redline. It seems low, you should be close to 500hp at least with those mods, but different makes of Dyno can read very differently. Did they have an exhaust gas analyser hooked up? If not definately do a few runs with one on to see where your fuel mixtures are at. The car is probably set up well, but it never hurts to check.

My car won't build boost till just after 4500RPM, thats normal for 2530's though. Your dyno graph seems to show the same.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Are you sure there is everything ok with the engine/mapping/turbos,the torque is much to low and the turbos come in very late. What AFR are you running?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Also you mentioned that boost was set at 1.4 bar to 'play it safe', are you running standard head gasket?

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Looks low. I think Mustang Dynos can be pessimistic but not that pessimistic. You're running enough of a setup for well over 500bhp ATF. Should be well over 400rwhp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well something is definatly wrong.. I just did a 13.09 @ 105mph in the quarter mile, with a peak boost of 1.35 bar and everything appeared fine on my Apexi Commander.

So my only 2 thoughts on what could be wrong:
1) The actuators are way off on the turbos for whatever reason and just need to be tightened? I don't know if the gt2530 actuators can even be tightened..
2) Boost leak?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Thats very slow,should see a very good 12 or lower with your mods and good mapping if everything is fine.

1.35 bar sounds good,but on what duty in the power fc,when there is a boost leak,you will have a high duty @ boostcontroll.

What AFR you are running?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
with your spec you should be solidly in the 11s, I'm interested to see where you're losing power. Have you checked your intercooler piping? Leaks there can seriously diminish throttle response as well as power obviously, might be the reason why your car is so laggy/sluggish. I'd personally go over every inch from the mushroom filter intakes all the way to the intake plenum, looking for leaks.

How are your spark plugs? In good shape?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EvolutionVI said:
Thats very slow,should see a very good 12 or lower with your mods and good mapping if everything is fine.

1.35 bar sounds good,but on what duty in the power fc,when there is a boost leak,you will have a high duty @ boostcontroll.

What AFR you are running?
The boost duty on the powerfc is set at 40%.
AFR is exactly where it should be according to my tuner, I didn't get the number.

kismetcapitan said:
with your spec you should be solidly in the 11s, I'm interested to see where you're losing power. Have you checked your intercooler piping? Leaks there can seriously diminish throttle response as well as power obviously, might be the reason why your car is so laggy/sluggish. I'd personally go over every inch from the mushroom filter intakes all the way to the intake plenum, looking for leaks.

How are your spark plugs? In good shape?
I don't think there are any leaks at all. I'm leaning towards it being the wastegate actuators on the HKS GT2530s.
Plugs were 3 step colder NGK Iridium Racing, I've now put back in the stock NGK Platinum plugs and haven't noticed much of a difference.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
berzerkled said:
I don't think there are any leaks at all. I'm leaning towards it being the wastegate actuators on the HKS GT2530s..
Take the clips off the rods, and check and see how much forward of the wastegate puck arm they are when at rest.

It should take a little force to move the acutator rod backwards to hook onto the wastegate puck arm.

If you put pressure to them, they should start to open around 8-10 psi or so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts