GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 1991 R32 GTR with N1 headlights and would like to change over to the stock headlamps so the HIDs will look better and not blind everyone. My question is, can I use the headlamp covers from any R32 (GTS,GTS-T,etc) or does it have to be a GTR headlamp cover?

Thank you!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,209 Posts
By cover do you mean the glass?

If so you could do so but you will most likely find that the different beam patterns on the glass do wacky things. The projector lights have a clear section in front of the projector for example.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cris,

I forgot to mention that the N1's I have in the car now are broken. The screws used to aim the lamps are broken (which causes me to blind everyone with my 8000K HIDs), the plastic rings that hold the lamps in place are broken, and the rubber seals have been torn off. Heck, in order to get the HIDs mounted, my mechanic friend had to put tape on all three prongs so the HID would not fall out of the headlight cover.

My other issue with the N1s are that when you use HIDs, the light gets scattered everywhere. I want something that will cause the light to be much more controlled and in one direction (for my sake and for the sake of the other drivers).

Thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.