GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'd like some advice please.

I removed my old starter motor from an R32 GTR engine which had a model number 23300-20P11 12v M117 0685A on it, I had a spare which my dad has taken apart and cleaned though the part number on this is 23300 20P05 / s114-780 / 649.

Is it ok for me to fit the recon one with the different serial number? I no longer have the original one so recon and refit that isn't an option.

Confimation it's ok to refit would be much appreciated so I don't waste my time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
509 Posts
as long as it came off a skyline then yes my gts-t ran a gtr starter

·
Registered
325 Posts
The RB starters have interchangeable bolt pattern/pinion count but you need to be sure it came from a 26.
The larger engines (25,26,30) have the reduction geared drive whereas the small engines (20, early 25) are just a straight through armature.
You can pick the difference due to length, straight through starters are longer.
I ran an old 20 forever with a 30 starter, cable needed to be extended to reach the solenoid and cranking speed was not as fast as the 20's.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, As long as it physically fits I'll put it on. At least then I can put the plenum back on and get it all together again.

Worst case scenario I will have to source the same as the one that came off but no point in wasting time if the other one will do.

Decision made, cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts