GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so everythng works perfectly in my GTR ... however any time i get on a motorway, after about ten mins of driving at any speed the hicas light comes on !

It doesnt ever come on around town etc only ever on the motorway ! It always resets fine after you turn ignition off then back on ??

Any thoughts ??

Ill be removing it soon anyways but id like it to stop annoying me in the meantime ! LOL

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
i had this with my r32 gtst 8 years ago lol, if its only just started with the cold weather it will be the battery die'ing

i did alsorts, amps in boot, power steering, hicas fuses etc... it only comes on after driving with minimal steering movement

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its all well and good saying just search mate but that doesnt answer my exact symptoms and instead will bring up tons of useless posts that are of no help ! LOL

Cheers for the input all ! It does indeed have an aftermarket steering wheel however Ive been told it could be a wheel alignment issue thats making it come on as my steering wheel does sit slightly off centre when driving straight.

I forgot that its got a steering angle sensor which obviously is meant to detect if the wheel is straight or turned therefore as far as the car is concerned it thinks im trying to turn left when going straight ! LOL

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Its all well and good saying just search mate but that doesnt answer my exact symptoms and instead will bring up tons of useless posts that are of no help ! LOL
The whole point of searching is find an answer to your exact symptoms. That's why it's called searching.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts