GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i want to adjust the idle on my r32 i disconnected the plug and tried to turn the screw but the problem i have is the screw was already fully in so i cannot adjust down any more.
Has anyone heard of this its only idling at 1050rpm but would like it at 950rpm which i think is widely considered the factory idle once warm.

Any help is much appreciated

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
It might be the AAV leaking or not closing. I block them off.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Standard ecu.
Have checked timing it is what it should be.
I will check the Aav that's a good shout thanks did think possible air leak will pressure test on Saturday

Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
325 Posts
Throttle bodies been cleaned lately? If the sealing gunk is removed, you introduce a good vacuum leak and up goes the idle.
Worn throttle spindle seals have the same effect.
Blown manifold gaskets are another source of vacuum leaks.
My 32 idles at 1200 thanks to the previous owner thinking nice clean throttle bodies was the go.
The joys of multi throttle bodies…….

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I have also had to adjust the throttle body stops. You can do it in situ on a R33 but with the HICAS on the 32, it might not be possible.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Throttle cable tension is another one that gets overlooked easily too, doesn't take much to open them up just enough to keep the idle high

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Throttle bodies have not been cleaned recently but the fact that the idle screw is all the way in leads me to believe that I have a small vacuum leak, after I pressure test the system I will let you chaps know.
I will check the throttle cable tension as border1 suggested also.

Thanks for all your help it is much appreciated.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Handheld propane torches are great leak detectors too if you don't already know (unlit, obviously!). That trick's saved me a lot of time in the past

1 - 10 of 10 Posts