GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to dubai recently and saw an arcade machine i'd heard about but not seen. Initial D arcade machine with real cars on rigs!

They had the R32, AE86 and a Impreza... naturally went in the R32 and it was just like being in mine, very weird feeling!

Just thought i'd share as it's quite unique :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Didn't notice exhaust but are they work meisters its rolling on? They look fantastic bits of kit those though, much better than just a crappy plastic bucket seat. Did the manual box work the same to?

Mike

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Didn't notice exhaust but are they work meisters its rolling on? They look fantastic bits of kit those though, much better than just a crappy plastic bucket seat. Did the manual box work the same to?

Mike
Apologies missed the reply here, they were indeed and absolutely mint if a tiny bit dusty :D

Unfortunately the gearstick was replaced with the up/down arcade style but it was great fun non the less - actually forgot to look if the speedo etc worked but they were all there and there was a steering column housing mounted boost gauge which did work :)

Also not sure if I mentioned already but the cars were on rigs so moved around as you drove/drifted around corners :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
GhostWKD you have just made my day.

I've seen pics and video of the yellow RX7 roaming on fb but never found out where its from... thought it be somewhere in Japan.
How much are we talking to get a shot on that?
Actually much was the trip? :p
Can pm me if you wish... i need to go there now XD

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GhostWKD you have just made my day.

I've seen pics and video of the yellow RX7 roaming on fb but never found out where its from... thought it be somewhere in Japan.
How much are we talking to get a shot on that?
Actually much was the trip? :p
Can pm me if you wish... i need to go there now XD
Think the yellow RX7 machine is in Japan somewhere (probably in a sega place somewhere also?) - the Subaru/R32/AE86 I saw were all in Sega Republic in the Dubai mall in Dubai.

Cost was about £5ish iirc - expensive for an arcade machine but a little different to most :D Cost of going to Dubai on the other hand a little more, I stopped on the way to Australia so no clue how much it'd be to get to just Dubai :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.