GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my self another gtr after regretting selling the other.

Always regretted not launching it after the horror stories about weak gearboxes.

Any what revs can i safley launch at on a standard gearset?

Car has a single Gready T78, cams, fcon pro gold, oz giken clutch, uprated rear diff ,etc etc shoud be good for 500bhp

On the rollers tomoro so i will confirm bhp and torque :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
tickover

and then change gear v e r y s l o w l y

·
Registered
30 Posts
1. Make sure engine is warm
2. reach down and make sure you have a pair
3. Throttle the Beast real good
4. Hold at around 7500 RPM
5. Pop the clutch and hold on
6. Tach to 7500 engage clutch, and SLAM second
7. Hold on
8. Tach to 7500 again, engage clutch, and SLAM third
9. Hold on
10.Tach to 7500 again, engage clutch, and Slam Fourth
11. Hold on
12. Tach to 7500 again, engage clutch, and SLAM Fifth
13. Hold on
14. Bring car to a stop, get out and change your underware as you have for sure pissed your self, return car to wear you stole it from, get in your Fiat and go home.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok funny guys i know but i just wondered how much pain theyd take as many people seem to break gearboxes, problemo is i aint got the money to break a gearbox, so wondered what sort of revs the standard box takes?

car produced 535BHP today but had some major issues with getting air in (single HKS mushroom filter Sh*te) and overfueling and minor ignition misfire, problem was he couldnt play with the fcon.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
No problem with launching off the rev limiter with stock boxes and running mid 1.4 60fts, 3rd is the weakness, not 1st or 2nd.

Rob

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok dude il take your word for donnington park start line on next months bank holiday vs 911 turbo mapped and 400bhp evo ! :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
No problem with launching off the rev limiter with stock boxes and running mid 1.4 60fts, 3rd is the weakness, not 1st or 2nd.

Rob
Is'nt the input shaft more of an issue when launching hard ?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
im glad it has 'cams'. :runaway:

kev

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
You should be fine, so long as your not abusing it all the time.

You'll need atleast 6500rpm as Ive found less than that it try's to bog, not sure about overs but my 2 R32's needed 6500rpm

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
a while back shortly after it was imported into this country mine launched realy nice at 4500rpm but after a few more launch's my clutch let go lol but obviously i didnt know what previous abuse my clutch had put up with .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts