GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched several forums and the subject of R32 GTR leaking ABS units comes up regularly. I've found a number thread where people in the UK / Aus / US have tried to rebuild the unit with varying degree's of success, but decided I had nothing to loose so have stripped my leaking unit down.

I've identified all the seals that I need for a full re-build but am struggling to find anywhere that will sell small quantities. Everywhere I've found in the UK wants to sell minimum order quantities of 25 or higher. Understandable but not helpful for me!

I'm happy to write a DIY thread if I can get it all done successfully or maybe even help rebuild others units on an exchange basis or similar but can anyone recommend a supplier that will do small quantities of EPDM (not NBR / Viton etc) O-rings.

I know most just delete the system but I want to try and keep some of the factory features of the original car.

From my strip down this is the shopping list (which is slightly different to that posted on one of the Aus boards....close but I think the below are slightly closer)...

All Dim's in fractions of an inch (I have the metric measurements too but they're all standard sizes)

Qty ID Cross Section
4 3/8 9/64
2 1/2 9/64
3 7/8 9/64
2 11/16 9/64
10 7/32 9/64
2 3/16 9/64
2 1 & 7/8 9/64

2 1 3/32
3 5/32 3/32
2 1/2 3/32
2 3/16 3/32
5 5/8 3/32

Thanks for any help in advance!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just dropped a thread in the wanted area. If anyone has a leaking ABS unit they'd like to donate rather than throwing out to support the investigation that would be great. Happy to cover postage and a tenner for your trouble.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any luck yet? Im getting ready to pull motor on my r32 gtr. I will in the process clean up engine bay and add oil cooler system and catch can.
I too have a leaking abs. I noticed fluid coming out of one of the rod or bolt stud in the middle of the unit. Please let me know what you have come up with. I will be looking to rebuild mine or find another unit.
Thanks Clay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts