GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I am fighting a hopless fight here in Norway to get my R32 gtr on reg. plate
So i checked to transport the car to UK for registration and MOT , it will be very expensive.
So i need some help from people in Sweden ,Denmark or Germany .
So please chim in somebody who has done this before and also how much it will cost me?
Then i will bring the car down to you. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not to be pesimistic, but the "biltilsynet" is still really dificult with these cars.
I got a problem now because air filters are not original. Also exhaust is a big problem. The list is long, be prepared for a hard battle.
I`ve registered 8 Skylines in Norway, so I should know.
Some took me more than 1 year to comply.

·
Registered
461 Posts
IIRC Norway is not in EU but UK is. It means if you import the car in UK first you'll pay customs for Japan -> UK and you might have to pay customs for UK -> Norway.
This is how it works for Switzerland.
Could be better to import car straight to Norway. But I could be wrong if Norway as commercial agreement with UK. Best is to check.

·
Registered
22 Posts
wardiz; The thing is, unless registered in a EU country first, it will be impossible to register in Norway. It`s quite hard anyway, but without documents proving the car has been on plates in a EU country, it`s no chance of getting it registered. Altough Norway is not a part of EU, we are a part of ECE, and because of this, we do actually have a lot of EU laws/regulations implemented into our own laws.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reg in EU

Yes but a replay or three on my post is positiv, so go on more inputs.
I hope there is some guy in Sweden who is willing to do the job for me because it will be too much struggling to import the car to UK and back to Norway.
There is a guy from Belgium who can do it for me, so i will be using winther on this.A lot of thinking forward and backwards , what to do.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Stay clear of Denmark if you want to have it on plates.
You would need to pay registration tax, wich is about 60% of the value at a dealer with plates in DK.
Since there is none, Skat.dk sets the Price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked some company in UK but if car is buyed from them it is no problem.
So i can not understand why, this is so difficult to get a helping hand??company doing this the hole time
also asked how much it will cost but no no.
At the end i know what company to buy more parts from.

But it looks like i got some help now, so i will cross my fingers:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it is the same as i will do with the car to get reg plates outside Norway.
And there is some cars in Norway imported from Japan ,so i am shure
someone interesting helping them(us) will earn some money on it??

·
Registered
439 Posts
In Germany it will work, depending on how much money You want to spend.
There is a guy in middle Germany (called RHDSpeedmaster) who is homologating and registering such cars for nearly all german speaking areas.
The downside however is that first he needs to make a homologation for this car and then he can register it for 1 day in order for You to receive all necessary paperwork.
Costs around 1700-2000 Euro for homologation, 250 Euro for one day registration.

Hope this helps in any way!

Best wishes,
RoB

·
Registered
902 Posts
I think putting it on a EU License is the most cheap and easiest in The Netherlands!!

It's cheaper and easier than Germany and Belgium from what i know.
Last GTR we did was EUR 140,- Only thing you need to pay extra for is if it doesn't have MOT (costs about EUR 45,-).

·
Registered
964 Posts
in italy for the registration of a car (already registered and mot'ed in uk) is very cheap.... about 200 euro.... but is almost impossible register a car directly imported from japan.... you need to register in eu area before and then in italy.....(like newera did for my 32)....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice to see people replay to my thread, starts to be worry that nobody
cares about other members.
Chris if it will be difficult the plan i am working with now, then i will contact you ok?
Because i was down in Amsterdam with my Nissan Primera last year 2 times
and it is a very OK driving from Norway.
I buyed a Kawasaki 1000 78mod and it was space enough inside primera wagon,Good load
Thanks for replay and a lot of good ideas.:)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Nice to see people replay to my thread, starts to be worry that nobody
cares about other members.
Chris if it will be difficult the plan i am working with now, then i will contact you ok?
Because i was down in Amsterdam with my Nissan Primera last year 2 times
and it is a very OK driving from Norway.
I buyed a Kawasaki 1000 78mod and it was space enough inside primera wagon,Good load
Thanks for replay and a lot of good ideas.:)
No problem, just contact me.
To make sure there's no surprises: It is possible that it will cost you a bit more in parts (if something is not OK for MOT, we have to replace stuff like brake pads / discs or bushings / brake lines that might be damaged).

Let me know if you need help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts