GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I saw those on another site a few days ago for around £690. My seats are in good condition, so I can't justify it at the moment, but they do look tempting!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Lol!

"PVC Leather"

So......Vinyl then?!?!

Yuck Nismo, I thought you had a bit more class than that!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
If they fit and look as good as they do in the photo, then I think they are a good reasonably priced alternative to having ripped seats. After all, the original seats are also man made material!

As for Nismo and class, I'm not sure that the two can be used in the same sentence. Alpina and class, yes! AMG and class, yes! Nismo and class, no! Nissans are cars for the working class.

·
Registered
25,959 Posts
depends what type of retrim you want

the nismo covers are around £700

a retrim can cost as much as you want to throw at it.

or you can just buy new seats like BRIDE

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I've had my seats re trimmed in factory matching Alcantara about 10 years ago......I'm sorry but Vinyl seat don't belong in a GT-R......it's not an old vauxhall viva!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are most "leather" car seats PVC leather? Or does it generally vary with brand?

Either way, they look pretty good in the pics!

·
Registered
25,959 Posts
they do look quite good upclose, but they are still covers

they are alot better than carbon superior put it that way.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Are most "leather" car seats PVC leather? Or does it generally vary with brand?

Either way, they look pretty good in the pics!
All other seats that a Leather are Leather (i.e cow hide)

PVC stands for Poly Vinyl Chloride......so not real moo cow
So in the summer they will be hot a sticky, and have none of the comfort and feel that good dead cow feels like.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
How much would Robson charge to retrim an R32 seats front and rear plus door cards? Their work is one of the best I have seen. UK re trim looks shabby from what I have seen.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
How much would Robson charge to retrim an R32 seats front and rear plus door cards? Their work is one of the best I have seen. UK re trim looks shabby from what I have seen.
With respect you need to look at some more companies. Plenty of UK based companies produce excellent results.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Well the ones I see people post on forums not just skyline forums but in general have looked poor and in a bad tastes. May be that is down to the owners who have poor taste in colours and design. I would happily use a UK based company but happy to be proven wrong and see something that matches or beats Robson.

·
Registered
25,959 Posts
the nismos are just covers

the above is a retrim you can tell :)

will post up the Robson pictures when its all done.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Not bad Cris but still some way off Robson quality.

I wonder how many people would be interested in getting Robson back over to the UK as part of a group buy. There was one done some years back worked out like 1700 each.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts