Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've got my interior plastic bits off. Was wondering whether or not to get them dipped/wrapped or shall I spray them satin black? The previous owner sprayed them blue (eugh) to go with the car and did a bad job at it so I don't think I can revert it back to standard finish.

Some of the carbon finishes that I have seen seem to be ott and I don't think it suits the 32.

Keep it subtle and classy or carbon?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All that carbon stuff's not my cup of tea!
Yeah I'm leaning towards satin black. Guess it will be good for the wallet as well. :squintdan

Got a quote of £230 to dip all the bits, speedo shroud, centre console etc. Did try to get them professionally wrapped but they said it's not worth it because of the contours and wraps usually don't last, start to bubble, sunlight affects it etc.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Get them professionally trimmed the bits that can like the rear side window surround a pillar beam etc. get the rest sprayed to match. Carbon is a bit too tacky to have everywhere.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Ok so I've got my interior plastic bits off. Was wondering whether or not to get them dipped/wrapped or shall I spray them satin black? The previous owner sprayed them blue (eugh) to go with the car and did a bad job at it so I don't think I can revert it back to standard finish.

Some of the carbon finishes that I have seen seem to be ott and I don't think it suits the 32.

Keep it subtle and classy or carbon?
I'm toying with painting my stuff with a rubberished finish.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
transplant the 350z dash to be really different!
Na not really my thing. I like keeping it old school.

I did get some rubberised paint and clear laquer from halfrauds though. Will be posting pics soon.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yeah I'm leaning towards satin black. Guess it will be good for the wallet as well. :squintdan

Got a quote of £230 to dip all the bits, speedo shroud, centre console etc. Did try to get them professionally wrapped but they said it's not worth it because of the contours and wraps usually don't last, start to bubble, sunlight affects it etc.
Just by a couple of cans of plastidip and do it yourself, immensely cheaper and it's pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just by a couple of cans of plastidip and do it yourself, immensely cheaper and it's pretty easy to do.
Yeah I heard good things about plastidip, you can peel it back off?

Anyway I went for the rubberised look. Sort of the finish you get on old car interiors:

I'm just happy to get rid off the previous crap paint. Looks more classier now. Did three coats of paint and 3 coats of clear lacquer.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Massive difference. Much better. Looked like a toy car inside before

1 - 12 of 12 Posts