GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, im currently selling my R32 GTR (in the forsale section)which in my opinion has a huge spec. Whilst I was looking to buy one, I could never have found one with this spec for less the £15k. Ive priced mine at £9500 as an unfinished car. Is this fair?
It would be worth allot more in parts but would be such a shame to break. I have not had much interest, only px offer so far.

Do you think its a bad time to sell? is the market rubbish at the moment? or is it over priced?
One confused owner!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
TABZ said:
Hi guys, im currently selling my R32 GTR (in the forsale section)which in my opinion has a huge spec. Whilst I was looking to buy one, I could never have found one with this spec for less the £15k. Ive priced mine at £9500 as an unfinished car. Is this fair?
It would be worth allot more in parts but would be such a shame to break. I have not had much interest, only px offer so far.

Do you think its a bad time to sell? is the market rubbish at the moment? or is it over priced?
One confused owner!
Its the same old story mate... thousands spent on mods and potential purchasers see a bog standard GTR for seven grand and go for the cheaper, not realising the potential bills they are facing to get it up to speed.

There was someone selling a GTR on here a while ago as a breaker, perfectly good car, for the very same reason.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what im seeing. I had thought with my car somebody would be saving thousands on mods, hence making it more sellable? Sadly not the case so far.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Philip said:
You'll get rid much more easily if you spend a couple of grand and sell it with an MOT and a dyno sheet.

Phil
If he spends a couple of grand more, will he then be able to sell it for £11,500?

This is the point we were making.

·
Registered
656 Posts
This summer I have seen about four or five R32's sell for over £12k, and I believe they were all advertised here at gtr.co.uk.

So there are people out therethat will pay 'good' money for the best R32's, but there's a risk that you may have missed the best time to sell it for this year (the summer is coming to an end already!).

I'm not saying that this car is sellable for this sort of money, but I can't see that anyone is going to part with £9.5k for an unfinished project that has no current dyno sheet, so I'm in agreement with Philip.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I think its a bargain. Shame I can't justify buying it..

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Andy - exactly the same mate - I have looked at it so many times but keep having to remind myself that I need to be without one for a while...

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I don't think there's ever a good time to sell a GTR. It's a very specific car, with a small target market. People wont just be looking for a coupe or GT and just 'happen' across it. GTR's sell to people that are only looking for GTR's IMO.

Hold in there, you will sell it in the end, and for the price you want. It took me nearly 3 months and a fair few chancers (with ludacrous p/x offers:mad: ) to finally sell my R32 on. And in the end there were 2 people battling over it (one in another country!)

Have faith:)

Steve

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx for the input guys. I have given the car to a tuning/performance company to get it finished, and try selling it when finished. Since the purchase of my house, I just have not been able to get the time to even look at the car. It has come to the stage where I tend to forget I own an R32.
I hope I have better fortune selling when complete, although the price shall go up accordingly. I have had loads of px offers good and bad, but its the cash I need not another car.

So from what I read, I think this car needs to be proven and it needs to be on the road. Shame as it could have been a bargain for somebody looking fora high powered 32 for little cost really.

·
Registered
832 Posts
TABZ.....I was very interested in your car. But because it wasn't finished, I had a hard time deciding how I would get it transported accross the ocean. I also, though mechanically inclined, was a little intimidated by the work it required.
I think spending the couple extra $$$ to get it up and running is a good idea. Had I not since purchased a highly modded (and running) car from Japan, yours would be top on my list.....

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im a sucker for cars, especially ones that have allot of potential. Due to a house pruchase this year and loss of garage space I just have not been able to give any time to my hobbies and on going projects,hence the sale.
You would be very surprised at the cost of a quality kitchen and bathroom suite. Basically I need the money more then I need a car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts