GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

just wanted to share my first ever Skyline Project with you. Hopefully i can get some tips by the experts / veterans out of this!
I bought this car as a replacement for my HachiRoku, which I sold to a mate. The Hachi was a great car but I'm just too much a fan of bigger engines with much more torque :)
Here's the Hachi i sold:

Now, my goal is to use the Skyline in 2010 for some hillracing and trackdays but at the same time keep it roadlegal over here in Luxembourg. I'll get into details as soon as I get the parts and start modifying.

I found the car on pistonheads. It was located in the southwestern region of England. So 2 months ago, I jumped into the plane with a friend of mine for a 2 day trip to England. We picked the car up and drove 600 miles back home without any problems.

This picture was taken on our way home:

The car is stil pretty standard. Nothing special apart from an Apexi cat back, Bilstein suspension, an aftermarket front bumper and an Apexi induction kit.

Now, to make the car roadlegal, the headlights needed some modification which took quite some time. Knowing about the weakness of the oem oilpump, I also ordered a Nismo one through Neweraparts as well as a few other bits. Matty did an awesome job so far helping me out with all my questions since I'm still such a n00b when it comes to Skylines :runaway:

here's some pics of what the car looks like now. We're in the progress of changing the oilpump, the clutch, some seals cause there are a few small oil-leaks around the front and middle diff aso. More parts are coming soon. hopefully the car will be done by April 2010, since that's when the first round of the national hillrace championship will take place.

i'll try to keep this project thread updated. :)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Looks like a very nice starting point. What's the plan for the engine? You say you are competing in a hill climb, what sort of power and weight goals are you looking for?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm not gonna go crazy with the engine for now, since I want to keep the car road legal over here which won't let me do a whole lot (especially due to emission restrictions). Also, I'm not aiming to win anything really since there are people with lots of money running crazy setups, so, having fun with my mates is all I'm looking for really :thumbsup:

Firts thing will be to improve the balance of the car. I think you gain more speedwise when feeling comfortable in the car on the track than to have a huge amount of power. I was thinking about a complete suspension arm kit by Driftworks, then removing the HICAS (i don't really like it) while keeping the Bilstein-suspension for now. Since a friend of mine is a race-engineer for a pretty famous team in the FIA GT-championship, it shouldn't be a problem to get a good basic set-up hopefully (i'd be totally lost with setting up a car on my own lol :runaway: )

In 2010, i will aim for 450-500 hp, HKS GTSS turbos for good response since our tracks aren't really fast ones, running on an Apexi PFC, some 600cc injectors and an uprated intank fuel pump. I know that this is nothing spectacular, but then again, it's not too expensive for my always empty wallet and i hope that this setup will be reliable and won't let me down. :)

Maybe some of you guys could share some experiences regarding those mods or even point me in a different direction if you think this won't do the job. let me know, i'm willing to learn! :wavey:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Congrats, looks a nice car you picked up there...

The wheels you have sitting on the back wall are going to look awesome on it..lol..:bowdown1:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one mate.
Brings back memories of mine.

Keep it up

Alex
Just gone through your rebuilt thread. Needless to say it was very inspiring :bowdown1:
Too bad I won't get mine to that level until next winter with all the work I have to get done by April 2010...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally some parts arrived. Still waiting on a few seals for the engine / diff housing but at least I can get some work done. Thanks to Driftworks, quality service! Also got an Exedy clutch... forgot to take a pic though.

Rota GTRs 9,5x18" et 12

oil cooler kit with filter relocation

suspension arm kit, hicas elimination kit and low seat rails

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Very interesting!

I love hearing about how you guys just fly here pick up a GTR and drive back, ballsy!

Interested to har how you get on with the Driftworks suspension arms as for £505 the set it is very tempting over the more expensive stuff like ikeya and nismo etc.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some more parts arrived from the land of the rising sun! Thanks to Matty and Neweraparts for great support!

Apexi AVCR and some engine / diff seals and gaskets i was missing.

Can't wait to start working again on the car! :thumbsup: Btw, does anyone have a manual for the AVCR in english?

·
6,821 Posts
Genialen Projet,

Dier hutt allen zwee geil Ween do, an as gudd datt dier och kennt drun schaffen.

Gett Zeit datt ech emol een vun deenen 900PS Monster ob Lez. schecken, an der Zeit as et duer gangen een 450PS GTR ze hun, me elo wou Leit ewei Dier Zwee esou fett "Track Weapons" an der Garage stoen hutt, gett et schweier mat 450 PS den Bello ze markeieren . .lol;):D

By the way, keen un engem Hakosuka interesseiert . . .. verkaafen een mat RB Moteur.

Mat beschten Greiss aus Nippon,

Chris

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Happy new year everyone! :)

Quick update on my project. I've done some work on the car. First, put on the Seibon bonnet. Fantastic quality!

The Nismo oilpump went in some time ago and with that, I also got a filter relocation kit as well as an oilcooler. I relocated the battery behind the passenger seat to make space for the filter. Turned out pretty good imo.

I had bought 2 Sparco EVO seats for my Hachiroku which now went into the GTR. They are mounted on the lowest seat mounts i could find (thx @ Driftworks! :thumbsup: )

Just now, I'm installing the Driftworks suspension arms kit. I'm done with the front and the rear. Today I will try to finish with the Hicas elimination kit and I'll get some more pics up. Here's the pics from rear

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts