GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi im just about to sell my r32 gtr and im thinking of buying a more powerfull r33 or maybe r32.

The r32 has really good feed back through the steering wheel and i am wondering if the r33 gtr gives the same level of feedback through the steering? ill be traveling quite a distance to view the cars and there are no r33 gtr locally for sale to test drive

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I dunno Jocelyn, seems like there would be many factors to consider - suspension geometry, age and condition of the bushings, size of steering wheel, level of power assist, size of tires, weight of car...

The R32 being lighter, I would guess, would have a more "flickable" feel, but as you probably know the R33 handling (NOT feel) was considered a major improvement over the R32s when the R33 came out.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Many things improved with the R33, pretty much everything was improved by Nissan in some kind of way.

So the steering is better on the R33 but it depends on you wich you like better, the best way is too find a R33 GTR and try and you live in the UK so it shouldnt be hard to find a nice R33 to test.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Good point Aki!
I suppose steering feel could be a bit of a subjective thing! Some might prefer the R33 steering feel over the R32.
Having owned an R32 GTR and two R33 GTR and despite my love for the R33, I still stand by what I said, and my old stock R32 gave me a much better, more crisp steering feel! In the R33, I know it has the edge in the handling department over the R32 and I feel more confident taking corners at higher speed than I would of in the R32, but that being said, the steering doesn't talk to me as much as the R32!

And a bit off topic, but the FD3S RX-7 is the most fun I ever had driving a car! If you are looking for sharp, responsive steering, that is the car for you!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
It's all subjective, and to be honest - changing tyre pressures make more difference to feel than between the R32 to R33 using the same tyre.

If you're going for aftermarket suspension, there isn't much to choose from between the 2 generations, just go for the car that you like more.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
I wouldnt base a buy / dont buy decision on steering feel.

1 33 GTR could have stupid geometry settings and feel very vauge on turn in, but very lively at the rear.

Another could have quick turn in and be very neutral at the rear.

A lot will depend on how its been setup (or maybe even it has been checked at all recently)

You can also use an underdriven PS pulley to give more weight to the steering

1 - 8 of 8 Posts