GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was just wandering which is the best fitting carbon rear diffuser for my r32 gtr have been looking at the ep racing ones but want to make sure they are a nice fit before I order one cheers John

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Diffusers generally look horrible on the R32, this is mainly because the bumper is very high and when looked from the side it is not consealed as it is on an R34 or even an R322 for that matter.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
Looks pretty much custom made...

...bumper itself seems to be the Do Luck one.
To my eye it looks like Do-Luck with the centre section painted black/carbon.

Oddly the Do-Luck kit is one of the few that I quite like (wing aside). I cannot see ANY diffuser being practical on an R32 without lots of butchery.

If you just want the look then the Do-Luck does cover that base...

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Let's not kid our selves to start with, no road going car with it's bolted on (or even factory fitted, short of some of the super exotics) diffuser is not actually creating any downforce at all.....they are way too small to produce any! what they are doing is cleaning up the air under the car and possibly getting rid of any turbulence around the rear bumper, if you want to see a real working diffuser on a "road car" have a look at some of the photos I put up about the a World Time Attack.

Diffusers generally look horrible on the R32,
Personal opinion, I happen to like the look of my Abflug Diffuser on my R32, might pay for you to include "IMO" when you make statements like that.....

this is mainly because the bumper is very high and when looked from the side it is not consealed as it is on an R34 or even an R322 for that matter.
Funnily enough, the way a diffuser works you benefit from having a high bumper, that's why you see Time Attack and DTM etc cars with the diffusers cut into the bumpers.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
I agree with sub boy, these diffusers are more cosmetic than functional. Unless you design something using a wind tunnel with creating downforce in mind you will have to play around with many designs, it is not only the diffuser but the way the air flows from the front to hit the diffuser and channel the air correctly.

Most would not know aerodynamic downforce and how it effects the car and the transition window between the mechanical grip tailing off and the aero grip increasing.

I would suggest anyone who would like to experience this take a drive in a radical or similar it is an amazing experience to feel the aero pushing you down and how much faster you can take a corner.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
See images below, it shows the path of air travel under the car, removing turbulence from the underside which in turn reduces lift at speed as the airflow smoothly passes under the car and overall creates downforce.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Veilside produced the Evolution3 kit which actually and the Rear bumper and diffuser helped them produce a 200mph pass ..i know its old school but It was well advanced for their day

Cheers
Gaz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts