Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im wonting to get new shoes for the R32 I found a set of rim
That I like but there 10.25"at et20
will I have a problem fitting them on the car with out rolling the guards

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would an 18x10 with a et12 fill out the wheel arches ??
What about brake clearence would I have any issues ??

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Iv been reading alot of thrds and many people run an 18x10 with an et12 or et15.
I wont a rim and tyres that will fill out the fenders to the max.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
The clearances aren't always the same side to side and what works for one car may not work on another. You really need to set your camber up first and then measure your current clearance with a wheel with a known offset and then use an offset calculator like 1010TIRES.COM - Wheel Offset Calculator to work out what you can get away with.

Cheers

Stu
^^ sensible advice

Also different tyres come up different widths, so a 265/35/17 may actually measure 257mm across the tread. Track day tyres tend to be widest. I have 18x9.5 with Federal RSR 265s and they don't rub.

18x10 does seem fairly common, and I'd say with a 265 you're probably safe, but as Stu says, all cars are slightly different, so you may find you need to roll the arch on one side or the front arch lines a rubbing on one side on full lock etc.

Easy enough to measure and be sure.

If you really want to "fill the arches to the max" you may want to roll them and maybe even go et12.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The thing is that I dont have coilovers just have tanabe shock s with lowerd springs
A the moment the car isn't that low the tyres sits well above the wheel arches and im not planning on going any lower.
I think just to be safe im going run a et20 then if im not happy with it I'll run a 5mm spacer.

Cheer for the info

romeo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts