GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Wondering if anyone can help tell me where to find a stereo surround that can fit around my after market single din stereo, the factory one from sony is too big to fit under the centre console surround frame.
I have seen other have a very thin surround that clips on to the stereo and allows the factory centre console surround to fit back over it. I assume it must be a universal one and very thin too.

I am fed up with looking at the small gap around the stereo I know ocd! But would like it to fit neatly

Thanks for any help given

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I think you'll find that the surround specifically fits the stereo rather than it being a universal piece. I have three stereos of different brands and none of the surrounds are interchangeable. Normally its a case of modifying the stereo surround or the dash facia (or both) to get them to fit.

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

I don't want to cut the Nissan centre console surround as its in good condition, after a bit of think I managed to move the stereo forward on the brackets making it poke out from the dash slightly. I then clipped the stereo surround onto the stereo, it looks pretty good I think and at least I don't have a gastly gap all the way around.

Only downside is the stereo surround sits on top of the Nissan centre console surround but I can live with that, its a neat finish.

Thanks again for your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts