GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm pickin my gtr shell up 2day and will b striping my s13 and doing a transplant!!! I was wondering if any1 else has done the conversion and if so was it a gtr? Wats involved and wat ill need 2 use and buy extra!!! Iv seen sr gtst's but I'm not sure if it'll b as simple 2 do gtr??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why's that?? Iv got some1 2 do loom!! Swap front subframes get prop made up!!! Norfy on driftworks did the conversion in a day on his gtst

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well once iv stripped the shell bare and sort handling it'll b a 300bhp drift monster I'm not fussed bout speed just handling and tourque so depends wat ure looking 4 tbh

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Well once iv stripped the shell bare and sort handling it'll b a 300bhp drift monster I'm not fussed bout speed just handling and tourque so depends wat ure looking 4 tbh
If you were after handling and torque, You would have been better leaving the RB in there....:chairshot

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I bet a bare R32 shell does not weigh much more than a S13 shell and it should handle well with a four pot engine fitted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rbs are heavy in general and iv got a allmost stage 2 set up in my s13 I can take the engine up to 400 bhp wen conversion is done and ill have a light weight r32gtr I'm neva gonna make my cash back if I sell engine so just gonna keep it and rb parts are expencive sr parts are dirt cheap!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well 4 a start its gonna b a R32 gtr better over all road handling engine sits a bit further back and is lighter over all car is lighter and ill prob b the only gtr sr20 in the country!!!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Well 4 a start its gonna b a R32 gtr better over all road handling engine sits a bit further back and is lighter over all car is lighter and ill prob b the only gtr sr20 in the country!!!
Hmmm not sure on that mate, i think a 400bhp rb26 in the car it was made for will be beating yours with an sr20 in.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Why do you want to use a GTR over a GTST or N/A shell if your drifting?
If he's deleting front/awd drive, then its lighter, looks better, better brakes from factory, stronger drivetrain and wider track... only negative is the steering rack won't have as much lock, but there are ways around that.

My dream drift car is a supercharged VH45 in a rwd R32 GTR, so I have looked into its merits.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I got a mint shell at a price I couldn't refuse and spent£££££ on the s13 engine set up so I thought y not but the 2 2geather yeah ill b sortin the steering aswell its mint no rust project that I want!!!! Anyway if I was 400bhp up against a 400bhp rb26 ill have lighter car better handling quicker take off, so wat if I don't have 4 wheel drive and an extra turbo I recon ill have a bit more of an edge anyway wen the rb slows down and over steers ill b on the inside lane passing!!! Now back 2 question I need as much info on this as poss plz!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Could be an interesting idea, as you've got most of what's needed, if i remember correctly the old JGTC Supra's used the 4 banger 4G (celica/MR2) engine due to weight advantages, both in overall and distribution. It would be good to get it's corner weighted when it's done.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Sounds like an interesting project! Afraid I can't help with any info but think you might get a good 50:50 weight distribution as the gtr with the RB is a bit front heavy! Also, you might try posting on Skyline Owners Club as some people here can be a bit precious with such things!
Good luck:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't find the site do u have a link thanx yeah I'm hoping it all works out dose any1 know of or tryed a gtr sr conversion or would it b pretty much the same as a gtst

1 - 20 of 26 Posts