GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Been writing this one out for a while now that I have internet back , I can start pasting all my crap down :)

Names Jake.
When I bought this car shortly afterwards we found the entire cooling system was gone to shit the previous owner did not take any care of it whatsoever, The radiator was 90% clogged, the coolant in the reservoir was all muddy after a 10-15 minute drive the oil temperature would sit anywhere to 100-115 and would usually result in boiling coolant, I got it checked out and also found the coolant lines to both turbos were 100% blocked as well as most of the cooling channels in the block tried flushing and just about everything else we could think of. We did our best with it and gave it a little detune down to 360hp at all 4's for the time being, while also replacing all the hoses and main coolant line, new radiator etc. The oil temperature still rose to about 100-110 after a 20 minute drive, We only delayed the inevitable

I've made alot of tough decisions, And got this engine built to all my specs that I asked for.

Engine specs are as follows,

CP Forged pistons 87mm
H beam forged Tomei Rods
Jun Oil pump
ARP stud kits with main stud caps
Crank collar
R32 ati Harmonic Balancer
7.5Ltr Custom sump
Acl race bearings
Head running Stage 3 Maximum Race Porting
Machine to fit Hks 272 10.2mm Lift cams
1mm oversize intake+ exhaust Super tech titanium valves
Bronze guides
Dual springs with titanium retainers
Cometic Head gasket
6boost manifold

50mm Turbosmart Progate
Garret dual bb Gtx3582r
Vipec Ecu

Out of crate on to stand.

Just being test fitted up to the old engine so they can fab everything up and get all the welding done before it comes out and goes for the new bay respray so the new paint dosnt get scratched on the new engine.

Subframe dropped powdercoated fresh bushes

Subframe Powder coated

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

These pictures are quite new and freshly taken as of 10/11/2013 , It's starting to look like a car again :)
Couple of snaps from the weekend. Subframe back in speedflow and lines all put on engine, engine fitted now dummying up the gearbox for lineup and all the rest of the shizzle.

Head return to sump

Subframe nice and powdercoated fresh bushes and whiteline swaybars,

New Tomei TI Titanium Exhaust being installed, More pics to come when I get them :)

Next steps , Include new Alcon big brake kit, Oil cooler setup, Front mount and Koyo Rad back in, New Tie rods, Castor arms , suspension overhaul etc.- , Rear sub frame getting overhauled as well,Rear diff, New clutch, New Fuel lines being run for
e85, Vipec installed, New CR KAI's, All the new pipework that was fab'd previously - reinstalled, Fuel setup in the stainless box in the boot - Surge tank + 900hp rated fuel pump + lines etc, Battery in box in the boot with isolator etc, Whole hicas system coming out, Gauges installed, That's as far as I can remember, Should be quite an eventful month or two! Will keep updates coming.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think this is one of the first RB26s what have GTX3582 fitted. I was planning same turbo for my own build. Hopefully we can all see some results of your engine soon enough. Should be nice and responsive..close to 750hp once its done.. what hot side are you using?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think this is one of the first RB26s what have GTX3582 fitted. I was planning same turbo for my own build. Hopefully we can all see some results of your engine soon enough. Should be nice and responsive..close to 750hp once its done.. what hot side are you using?
Yep That's easily achievable :), However we're running an os giken twin plate because it's an engineered street registered vehicle still, And I want it to still be streetable. So the best twin plate on the market atm that isnt coppermix crap is a Os twin, Which should hold about 650 max. So it should last on a nice 650 detune :) , Running a 6boost manifold, Vband exh housing to Titanium TI Tomei Exhaust

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Looking good! I hope your going to put an air filter on that turbo inlet, to stop any passing pedestrians getting ingested! :chuckle:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts