GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I've searched around a bit and found posts on some of my symptoms but I thought I would outline the problem I have and see if you have any thoughts.

-A bit of history, I first got my R32 GTR (1991, 65k miles) in 2005 where it I first registrant in the UK so took it to Whifbitz for a Cambelt change full check over and analysis. All seem'd ok the only part they really needed to change were suspension bushes. The car ran perfectly for about 10 months, towards the end of my insurance period I encountered the problem where by it would stumble when hovering light throttle at about 2,500-3000rpm so just under boost. The feeling would be that of power loss and a very dull noise from the engine (like very light turbulence) and then it would clear up and it'd seem fine. This only seem'd to occur when had reached standard operating temp.

I ended up putting it in a garage declared SORN until last week. I gave it to a local garage who got it through its MOT and checked all the sensors the GTR Service manual notes to check and I airmed to drive it to my home in London on Sat. I got 5 miles down the A1 and the car started to overheat. I stopped let it cool down turned back and tried to make a run back to the garage, this is when the stumbling/misfiring returned while doing about 60mph in 5th so again same rev/range. Once again overheat. So AA->Garage, AA guy thinks the thermostat is not funcitoning correctly so likely candiadte for cooling problem. My biggest concern thereafter if the Stumbling/Mising.

Sorry for the long winded post but anybody got any thoughts for this garage to try / clean/replace and get me to a point where I can drive it to Abbey (Or suggested Alternative) for a full inspection?

Garage is just outside Peterborough by the way

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok tried the car again today, cooling problems are totally resolved now so would consider that unrelated. Managed to go fill the car 3/4 with Vpower back on the motorway and after a few mins complete loss of power again, pulled into layby, restarted the car after it eventually stalled and felt a little lumpy. Waited 5 mins and I got it home without further incident. Problem seem to occur under light throttle again at around 3000rpm, operating at normal temp and pressures.

Have a grounding kit which I may strap on and see if that helps, thinking possible grou d proble
on ignition amp?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have this one sorted, a good friend of mine who used to work for Nissan cleaned out the MAF's and we gave it some fuel cleaner and its been good as gold ever since
:clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts