GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I replaced all my bushes with whiteline poly components but it seems my subframe sits higher up in the car now. All parts are r32 gtr specific.

How does this affect my anti squat/squat and should I be throwing spacers in to bring it back down?

Anyone know how far the subframe sits off the car (front and rear main bushes of rear sub) if I have to make spacers?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have just subscribed to this because this concerns me.

I have just built R34 GTR up from bare shell and fitted whiteline rear subframe bushes. I noticed that my exhaust seems to be very close to the subframe now, it might have nothing to do with the bushes and until now I didn't even consider it. But now I am thinking that it could be down to the bushes making the subframe sit lower which I realize is the opposite of what you have noticed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm your subframe doesn't move, it's the body that moves down or up depending on subframe spacing. So by lower subframe you mean lower car/less space between subframe and body? Or higher car and so the body (and exhaust mounts) allow the exhaust to touch the subframe?

My exhaust is closer to the ground I think now

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeh, I have no other reference at the moment all I know is that my exhaust is quite close to the subframe now. And I was thinking that it may be because the subframe is now further away from the body, so maybe the bushes are bigger than the originals?

I don't know for sure but your original post made me think :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah makes sense. You could get driftworks exhaust hangers, they have different ones (some are longer so the exhaust drops more) but really it depends where everything is tryin to sit. Your exhaust is most likely without flex couplers so it won't move much. Really you do have too high of a body I think. Any spacers in use?

·
Registered
593 Posts
It may just be my imagination as it's been ages since it was in one piece :)

I haven't added any spacers that aren't originals, there are some mushroom shaped washer that go over the subframe bushes which are standard. Maybe whiteline expect you to remove those.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sorry, it's not really related to this topic but at the moment I'm in the middle of ordering a complete bushing set for my 32 and still am not sure about some things!

Which components did You order for the rear suspension, especially for the rear lower control arm as it seems that there are 2 different bushing sizes!? That's the biggest concern right now!

Do You have a list of ordered parts?

Thanks!

Cheers,
RoB

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bout complete kits for from and rear from driftworks. Includes adjustable arms. Was around $2k.

Powerflex bushes I hear good things about but I'd go with whiteline if I tried again. They have part numbers on their site for specific parts. What you save by only buying bushes youll spend close to that on labour installing it all rather than replacing the while thing, then again, the stock arms are flimsy so if you are really neatinon things, weld up some stiffeners/braces or get better arms too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts