GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started first with a standard R32 GTR, was imported back in 2017 and stored away. Only thing that had been done was black underseal which I don't like seeing on a car :sick:

So even before taking delivery shipped it off for underside restoration, not only removing the black stuff and replacing with clear wax and cavity wax. Had every bushing replaced for new uprated nismo items where possible and powercoat componants and zinc plating.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Engine bay, I'm going with ARC, just love the quality. Few bits still to install, and on the hunt for parts such as a ARC coil valley cover. Have one? please message I'll buy at any price! 馃槄

Work in progress, but how it currently stands...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

When this one came up was clean low mileage and backed with history from Japan. At the time I was less focused on colour but more on condition, avoiding silver is now a top priority as 3 of my cars are silver! 馃槃

I had Appreciating Classics do the work.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, that's the site James 馃憤

Budget wise, it's really depends on the condition of car and how far you want to restore. You could speak to Rich at AC and he can advise based on what you want to spend. He can also show you photo examples of different cars and approx budget that was spent.

Since having the R32 done, I really want to do dry ice blasting on my other cars. If you have someone near you, might want to look into that. Now with dry ice I'd still have components powder coated etc, but for example the body underside it can really transform it.

Checkout this video on youtube if you've not seen it before...

Registered
Yes, that's the site James 馃憤

Budget wise, it's really depends on the condition of car and how far you want to restore. You could speak to Rich at AC and he can advise based on what you want to spend. He can also show you photo examples of different cars and approx budget that was spent.

Since having the R32 done, I really want to do dry ice blasting on my other cars. If you have someone near you, might want to look into that. Now with dry ice I'd still have components powder coated etc, but for example the body underside it can really transform it.

Checkout this video on youtube if you've not seen it before...

Thankyou for your reply and agreed dry ice blasting is amazing!

Can you confirm Rich at AC website please? As a ball park figure is 拢10,000 拢12,000 to do underside of a decent condition car about right? for example my chassis is very good but its the suspension arms and cradle front and rear of the car which need shot blasting then powdercoating

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The link you posted is the correct site, email and phone number is listed on there.

With that type of budget yes, I think you would get similar to mine 馃憤

1 - 12 of 12 Posts