GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've got an R32 GTR V spec 2 which has been modified slightly with the following parts :

Nismo down pipes
De-cat single box system
Mines chip
De-limited

I have also bought, but not yet fitted :

HKS twin dump valves
Earthing/Grounding kit
ARC air box
ARC larger intercooler
HKS turbo elbows

The car is currantly making 360-380 bhp, what will it make with the other parts fitted & re-mapped ?

Cheers

Baz

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hi,

I've got an R32 GTR V spec 2 which has been modified slightly with the following parts :

Nismo down pipes
De-cat single box system
Mines chip
De-limited

HKS twin dump valves
Earthing/Grounding kit
ARC air box
ARC larger intercooler
HKS turbo elbows

The car is currantly making 360-380 bhp, what will it make with the other parts fitted & re-mapped ?

Cheers

Baz
360 - 380? is this a guess or have you had it dyno'd?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hi,

Nismo down pipes
De-cat single box system
Mines chip
De-limited

HKS twin dump valves
Earthing/Grounding kit
ARC air box
ARC larger intercooler
HKS turbo elbows

Cheers

Baz
What boost pressure are you running?
Are you the chap that also has the Cosmo?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
R32 Modification

1 bar boost.

The previous owner did own a black cosmo.

I had a impreza sti that was running 350 bhp previous to the skyline, but the skyline feels a lot stronger than that did so I've no reason to question the figures.

Why do you ask ?

Baz

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
What turbos is it running?

If still factory ceramic turbos I'd change them out at the same time as changing the 'elbows', as it is quite time consuming and it is just as easy to swap the whole turbo(s) out.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
R32 GTR engine mods

The car has only done 28,000 miles so the turbos are still fresh and have plenty of life left in them still so don't need replacing.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
The car has only done 28,000 miles so the turbos are still fresh and have plenty of life left in them still so don't need replacing.
The reasoning behind changing the turbos is that they are ceramic units. Assuming you're running about a bar of boost now you have no more overhead for boost pressure. All of the other items you are fitting may improve things slightly but the changes will be quite small with regards to peak horsepower. Some steel cored turbos even would allow you to run more boost and thus get more return from your other mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts