GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale is my 1992 R32 GTR. This has been off the road and in storage for about 8 years.

I bought it to replace my last GTR however I've been working abroad since I bought it so have not had the opportunity to use it as planned.

A run down of parts fitted...

R34 GTR engine N1 NuR (24U engine code)
Purple injectors
HKS induction kit
Greddy external oil filter/cooler kit
Koyo Aluminium radiator
Twin plate clutch
Blitz digital boost controller
Greddy oil catch can
Trust FMIC
HKS super dragger stainless exhaust
Re-mapped ECU

Personal steering wheel
Blitz gear knob
autometer gauges in centre console
sony cd head unit

Engine earthing kit
Greddy strut brace
Zeal coilovers
Brembo brakes all round
Adjustable tension rods.
Cusco (front and rear) ARB
Greddy top and bottom front strut brace
Unknown carbon fibre rear strut brace

According to the model identifier on the blue VIN plate it was a V-Spec 1 originally with a cold weather pack.

SSR long champ XR4V 17" wheels.

There is possibly some other small items I've missed.
Car is completely rust free.
The car is regularly started and ran until warm, given a drive around on a private estate and topped up with fresh fuel (super unleaded). As a result it starts effortlessly. It had a new EXIDE battery fitted in January.

71 high resolution Pictures can be found here.
GTR NUR Photos by QuackShotDamo | Photobucket

You will be looking for a long time to find a better GTR than this. No larish body modifications, a real collectors piece which will only continue to increase in value.

Acceleration and power delivery are astonishing and with a current tune of 400bhp it's no slouch. The engine is capable of running 500bhp.
The Nur engine was limited to just 1000 production cars.
"An engine based on the N1 racing unit set the Nür apart from any other R34 Skylines. It used a specifically prepared block, pistons and connecting rods. Unrestricted, the N1 engine can push 450 BHP. To meet legal regulations, Nissan rated the car to 280 BHP.

1000 of these specially prepared skylines were offered, all of which were quickly pre-purchased."

Every aspect of the engine is upgraded, refined and blueprinted by NISMO including forged and balanced engine components.

Serious enquiries only, I may consider something in PX.
Priced at £12'000, international buyers are welcome.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Just to clarify, there was no '92 version V-spec...

...V-spec started from 02/93, Series 3 BNR32's with a VIN number starting with BNR32-3xxxxx ;)

Also VIN plate has to show KBNR32RBFS7, the RB in the middle indicates it as V-spec standard version would show RX then :thumbsup:

So if your VIN shows it's a V-spec then it's at least a '93 car :)

Cheers,

Leo

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to clarify, there was no '92 version V-spec...

...V-spec started from 02/93, Series 3 BNR32's with a VIN number starting with BNR32-3xxxxx ;)

Also VIN plate has to show KBNR32RBFS7, the RB in the middle indicates it as V-spec standard version would show RX then :thumbsup:

So if your VIN shows it's a V-spec then it's at least a '93 car :)

Cheers,

Leo
Even better, thanks! :) pm replied to.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was on there, nothing but dreamers :) Dont get me wrong I'm not losing sleep over not selling it but I am living on the other side of the planet while the GTR is sitting in storage gathering some more dust :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
hey mate just ran the picture of the vin plate on photo-bucket through the De-coder and its not a v-spec mate. its the wrong color and it has the X. sorry to break the news :(

·
Registered
110 Posts
hey mate just ran the picture of the vin plate on photo-bucket through the De-coder and its not a v-spec mate. its the wrong color and it has the X. sorry to break the news :(
That's not the main issue. The chassis number isn't even for an R32 GTR. HCR32 - 275633 is a July 92 GTS-T.M in AH3 (red). I hope it's a photoshop coz that's a bit odd!

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
That's not the main issue. The chassis number isn't even for an R32 GTR. HCR32 - 275633 is a July 92 GTS-T.M in AH3 (red). I hope it's a photoshop coz that's a bit odd!
Your reading it wrong. Below NISSAN MOTOR COMPANY is :

E-BNR32

This tells you it's a 2.6 litre (GTR) with super HICAS and ATESSA and is the 8th generation Skyline, the R32 ...

:popcorn:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your reading it wrong. Below NISSAN MOTOR COMPANY is :

E-BNR32

This tells you it's a 2.6 litre (GTR) with super HICAS and ATESSA and is the 8th generation Skyline, the R32 ...

:popcorn:

ok for all interested.
As above, it very clearly tells you it's a 2.6l TT with super hicas and atessa. How many other skyline that weren't a GTR did nissan fit the the above engine and transmission into? You'll find the answer as zero. It's a GTR.

The paint code shows CLEARLY as KH2 (metallic grey) <---type it into google. Not sure why you think it's red and to be honest it's not going to affect my day.

The confusion may be for some that the VIN plate coding changed from year to year.

This car has attracted timewasters from across the globe. If you have a genuine interest in buying my car then by all means ask me any questions. If you cannot afford it or have no interest in going through with purchasing my car I would kindly request you to take you time elsewhere.

Also for the kind chap who publicly posted my VIN number above, could you please edit and remove that detail. Thank you very much.

INFORMATION FROM NISSAN FAST:
The 7AA stands for the GTR Grade.
The 7 just means normal R32 GTR.
If there was an 8 instead of 7 it would mean GTR vspec II. If it was absent it would mean GTR Vspec I.

The AA is whats used for normal R32 GTR & V-Spec I &II that are Non N1.

KBNR32RXFS is the chassis code for GTRs produced FROM 1989
RB26DETT / water cooling serial 6 cylinder DOHC24 valve IC twin turbo

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, mine does have an X rather than a B in the chassis plate (strange as it did show originally as a v-spec) but no matter.

Vspec has brembos... mine has brembos (from an r33 GTR)
vspec has cooling fins on the diff... mine has cooling fins on the diff
vspec has a retuned ATESSA system... I'm not sure what the 'retuned' entails.
vspc has BBS 17" rims... I have SSR 3 piece 17" wheels

Bare in mind that this GTR is not in factory form and has been heavily modified so even if it were, all those parts would have been replaced.

The R32 GTR has a bad oil starvation problem too that was fixed in the later RB26's in the R33 and R34 - so if you get one, do something about the oil starvation to the big end bearings. In standard form it pumps too much oil to the head.
Mine is using a 24U engine from an R34 GTR NuR, this means forged, balanced, updated in so many ways (please do your research), N1 oil pump as standard etc.

The vspec should also have a lip under the spoiler as seen here...

However mine does not have this, I have never seen any with the dual spoilers before so I guess in the 20+ years these cars have been about, bits fall off or people change them.

If it makes you feel any better you can enjoy the genuine Nismo bonnet lip and N1 front bumper fitted to my car from what looks like the factory.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Now that's an interesting vin plate.

Drifto_Damo, I'd strongly suggest you take a look under the car and see how the transmission has been hooked up. a factory HCR32 chassis won't take a 4WD transmission as the mounting points aren't there from factory plus the transfer case should not fit because of no bump in the floor pan on the drivers side. However, your car in a picture :

(DSCF7864_zpsaa7cdc96.jpg Photo by QuackShotDamo | Photobucket)

- Has a bump there.

The GTS4 is a different case, shares the GTR floor pan and mounting points as it comes with that transmission.

In addition the colour of the VIN plate seems off, maybe due to the camera flash ? What does the engraving on the fire wall say ? picture for reference:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Mz7vIvIo4Wc/TIr3jXFFnZI/AAAAAAAAAIA/LO1BRir-0_k/s800/IMG_20100728_163431.jpg

a GTR will always have a BNR32- chassis code. If the engraving is not there or it says it's a HCR32, I'd suggest you look at weld marks at the ends of the firewall both inside the car and in the engine bay. It just might be that for what ever reason the car is a genuine GTR with a swapped firewall and a reproduced VIN plate to go around who knows what.

KBNR32RXFSAA is a model code telling you what the car had when it left the factory including options.

Hope it all goes well !

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
The car was advertised as having an n1 engine.
It clearly has that . The 24u is a stamp on the block and means it is either an n1 engine or has been rebuilt using an n1 block.
It is obviously the first as it has a 34 cas so unless that was changed at the same time it is n1
That means standard crank and rods , n1 pistons n1 block so yes it is a much stronger motor than stock. These engines were readily available ctrated from nissan.
So it clearly has had an n1 motor put in which is what the ad says

As to v spec or not - i will leave that to others to argue about but it appears to have all the proper v spec bits so .........

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All welds, chassis appears completely unmodified and as per it left the factory. No sign of fresh or old paint. Everything in that sense is completely untouched and unmodified from new.

I would welcome anyone to view the car, there is a ramp where the car is stored while I am abroad and you can spend as much time as you want checking everything. HPI check it, the V5 states 2.6l Nissan GTR. If anything doesn't check out or you don't want to buy it then walk away :)

I believe the plate colour appears off as it was taken in a dark unit with just the flash as the light source.
Meanwhile I will contact Nissan to investigate the Nissan fast result and I would kindly request that comments are reserved for perspective buyers.

Should any forum members wish to discuss the car please contact me via PM, thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts